X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding RA Chess Club Championship

One of my students had a question I couldn't answer regarding this event:

http://chess.ca/xtableSQL.asp?TNum=201103003

He told me it was seven rounds, but it only appears as six. Anyone know why?
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: Question Regarding RA Chess Club Championship

Maybe it was held over seven sessions and six games were played - and players who were there at the start of the session got paired? There are a lot of "0"'s in the crosstable indicating byes (or not paired).

Comment

The posted crosstable is the one at the end of the 6th round and the 7th rd is missing and the event has been rated accordingly (based on only 6 rounds!). I asked tournament's TD about this issue a few days ago and he said that he has sent an e-mail to info@chess.ca and asked for correction. I suppose CFC will correct it on next rating update on coming Wednesday.

Saeid

Comment

If your student can't wait, a link to the crosstable can be found on the RACC site:

http://ottawarachessclub.pbworks.com...Club-Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Saeid Sadeghi View Post
          The posted crosstable is the one at the end of the 6th round and the 7th rd is missing and the event has been rated accordingly (based on only 6 rounds!). I asked tournament's TD about this issue a few days ago and he said that he has sent an e-mail to info@chess.ca and asked for correction. I suppose CFC will correct it on next rating update on coming Wednesday.

Saeid
          when similar things have happened to one of my events, the additional missing rounds were eventually entered as a separate tournament rather than as 1 single event.

Comment

Working...
          X