Ottawa CYCC Qualifier: on Easter Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ottawa CYCC Qualifier: on Easter Monday

Ottawa chess families, this is just a little pre-announcement that I have agreed to run an Ottawa CYCC Qualifier. The date will be April 25th, which is Easter Monday. As some parents would be working that day, we will offer early drop-off and late pick-up. We are now organizing day-camp activities to complement the chess, especially for younger age groups who tend to finish their games faster. Stay tuned for more details in the near future.

Aris Marghetis
    Organizer/TD

Re: Ottawa CYCC Qualifier: on Easter Monday

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
    Ottawa chess families, this is just a little pre-announcement that I have agreed to run an Ottawa CYCC Qualifier. The date will be April 25th, which is Easter Monday. As some parents would be working that day, we will offer early drop-off and late pick-up. We are now organizing day-camp activities to complement the chess, especially for younger age groups who tend to finish their games faster. Stay tuned for more details in the near future.

Aris Marghetis
    Organizer/TD
    P.S. I forgot to mention in my first post above: this event will be rated both CFC & CMA.

Comment

Re: Ottawa CYCC Qualifier: on Easter Monday

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Aris Marghetis
      Organizer/TD
      Hi again, a few families have been asking me if this is still on, and it most definitely is!

I have already rented the playing location, and secured a star chess master for various activities. I am also in discussions with a couple of potential sponsors. Hopefully, I will have most significant angles lined up by this Friday, and will post all the details at once.

I figure I need to hire 7 people for this, and 5 of those are probably already spoken for, leaving 2 positions, especially people willing to work early and late, facilitating our early drop-off and late pick-up features. If you are interested either for the money, or for volunteer hours, please email me separately. I will reply as soon as everyone is hired.

Thanks again, and best regards,

Aris Marghetis
      Organizer/TD

Comment

Working...
      X