Supplement to March CFC-NL: Yanofsky-Dulanto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplement to March CFC-NL: Yanofsky-Dulanto

Here's a picture of Alekhine's hand-written notes on the Yanofsky game included in his "107 Great Chess Battles" and in this month's CFC News Letter

http://ottawarachessclub.pbworks.com...%20Dulanto.jpg

Alekine's caption says: "Not complicate [sic] of course, but neat and decisive. The whole little game is characteristic for the incisive style of the young Canadian who was, practically, the only revelation of the B. Aires team tournament."
    Last edited by John Upper; Friday, 8th April, 2011, 12:56 AM.

Re: Supplement to March CFC-NL: Yanofsky-Dulanto

I'm trying to come up with another way to display the pgn file. I am experimenting with chess theatre and have uploaded this months game file to a page on the Calgary Chess Club website. You can check it out at

http://www.calgarychess.com/games/dgt_chesstheatre.htm

I've noticed that the flash viewer I am using doesn't work across all platforms (for example, it doesn't work on my Mac for some reason). If I can figure out how to encorporate chesstheatre in the pdf file, I will use this going forward. While you don't have control over the appearance of the board, it seems to work better as a viewer overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
      I'm trying to come up with another way to display the pgn file. I am experimenting with chess theatre...
      I just tried the Chess Theatre version of the NL.

I like the fact that it allows wheel-mouse scrolling through the game; this can't be done with the other game displayers used by Chessvibes and Chessbase.

There is the mild inconvenience that after clicking through a game I couldn't get back to the original menu of games/notes, and so had to reload the page to start again. No big.

Comment

this month's CFC News Letter
        The last year March issue was distributed to everybody at http://chess.ca/ccn.shtml
        Will it be this year?

Comment

I have read from other sources, perhaps from Yanofsky himself, that he spent quite a bit
          of time with Alekhine who apparently took a real interest in him! But Yanofsky, who after all was quite a smart kid, looked closely at the great man and saw his general dilapidation and then and there decided NOT to become a professional chess player!

According to my Groningen 1946 tournament book Dan Abe studied law in England and won several scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
            Here's a picture of Alekhine's hand-written notes
            Do you have any history about this note?

Comment

I believe so as I understood the free issues would be each September and March.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                Do you have any history about this note?
                Apart from it being a photo of the MS in Alekhine's hand, no.

It looks like a photo I scanned from a library book, but I don't remember the title.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
                  Apart from it being a photo of the MS in Alekhine's hand, no.

It looks like a photo I scanned from a library book, but I don't remember the title.
                  Interesting that the 107 great chess battles 1939-1945 has no exclamation mark on move 20 as the note has it.

Comment

Working...
                  X