FIDE Arbiter Course @ the 2011 Canadian Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE Arbiter Course @ the 2011 Canadian Open

This FIDE Arbiter Course looks like a very good deal!

For only CA $ 100 .....Wow!

Three days, July 13-15, 2011, i presume it will be held in the Westin Hotel.

I just registered this morning, and is the 3rd participant.

Space is limited to 20.

I remember this course being offered at other big tournaments by different organizers. And this course could not come as lucrative as this one...right in our own backyard....

No hotel expense. No flight expense.

And as i have asked last year, and answered by Egis, unfortunately, as FIDE Arbiter, you have to create your own tournaments.

But with GM Wesley SO and the Filipino Canadian Chess Community on my side, this course could come in handy, when we begin to host tournaments.

On the planning board is the May 1, 2011 Fund Raising of the Kalayaan Coomunity Center where there is a plan for a rapid chess tournament, or a blitz. Sorry but we prefer tournametns with fast time controls. Also, there are now plans to hold the 2011 Jose Rizal Cup - which could be a rapid event.

We have solved our problems with venues. We now have understanding on the availability of the Chess and Math chess club at 701 Mt Pleasant Road in Toronto, as well as the Kalayaan Community Center in MIssissauga.

So this FIDE Arbiter course could open the way for additional chess tournametns in the GTA.

Re: FIDE Arbiter Course @ the 2011 Canadian Open

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
    This FIDE Arbiter Course looks like a very good deal!

For only CA $ 100 .....Wow!

Three days, July 13-15, 2011, i presume it will be held in the Westin Hotel.

I just registered this morning, and is the 3rd participant.

Space is limited to 20.

And as i have asked last year, and answered by Egis, unfortunately, as FIDE Arbiter, you have to create your own tournaments.

So this FIDE Arbiter course could open the way for additional chess tournametns in the GTA.
    I took the course last year and it covers alot of material; not everyone passed the exam. I recommend you read the rules on the FIDE website, and maybe go through with a study partner, asking each other questions. Do you have experience making pairings? Making pairings according to the FIDE rules was the hardest part.

You don't have to create your own tournaments, you can assist at any of the FIDE-rated weekend tournaments to get your 2 tournaments within 2 years.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
      I recommend you read the rules on the FIDE website,

Do you have experience making pairings? Making pairings according to the FIDE rules was the hardest part.

You don't have to create your own tournaments, you can assist at any of the FIDE-rated weekend tournaments to get your 2 tournaments within 2 years.

Good luck.
      Thanks for the recommendation Erik.

About making pairings, let me see....the last tournament that i TD'd was last March 19, 2011, the Swiss blitz tournament won by super GM Wesley SO.

I will try to volunteer for FIDE rated tournaments in the GTA.

Comment

In the FIDE Arbiters' Seminar at the Canadian Open 15 people expressed interest but in the end only 9 attended, 8 took the tough exam.

Congrats to the 6 who passed:

Alexander Kalaydina, Calgary
        Natalia Khoudgarian, Toronto
        Ali Hayder Razzaq, Edmonton

from USA:
        Chris Baumgartner
        Lawrence Cohen
        Hannigan Pitre

And congrats to those who passed in Montreal:

Jean-Roger Boutin
        Thierry Le Duin
        Danny Goldenberg
        Bernard Ouieme

This counts as 1 out of 4 norms (Being a Deputy Arbiter at a FIDE-rated tournament within six years) to obtain the FA title.

Comment

Working...
        X