Tony Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Miles

I dedicate today to the memory of the late GM Anthony Miles. In 1981, he left his native England to play in a modest chess festival in Vancouver, in large part because he wanted to get away from Royal Wedding hysteria. Where else would be better than laid-back Vancouver? Poor poor Tony, Vancouver was just as nuts as Old Blighty.

Re: Tony Miles

It's always been big news when there is a royal event. I remember the school taking us to a theater to watch the film of the Queen's coronation within a few days, and I've been a fan of royal events since.

All the best to the bride and groom!
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Tony Miles

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
      I dedicate today to the memory of the late GM Anthony Miles. In 1981, he left his native England to play in a modest chess festival in Vancouver, in large part because he wanted to get away from Royal Wedding hysteria. Where else would be better than laid-back Vancouver? Poor poor Tony, Vancouver was just as nuts as Old Blighty.
      I seem to be reviving old threads today. I just serendipitously found this fascinating tribute to Tony Miles that I thought worth sharing.

http://ceasefiremagazine.co.uk/chess-corner-4/

Comment

Working...
      X