Canadian Closed Games & IE9 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Closed Games & IE9 Issue

I found a fix if you are trying to watch the games using IE9.

Simply go to the site on MonRoi. Then, under "Tools" on your menu, click on "Compatibility View"

Worked for me.

Re: Canadian Closed Games & IE9 Issue

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
    I found a fix if you are trying to watch the games using IE9.

Simply go to the site on MonRoi. Then, under "Tools" on your menu, click on "Compatibility View"

Worked for me.
    LOL

IE9 is broken in different ways than all previous versions of IE, so Microsoft has to invent a "compatability" mode to change the amount and type of "broken" the user needs to be able to view a web page. Warms my heart; I am here in Bellevue Washington and just this moment got back from a leisurely drive to visit the Microsoft Corporate offices in Redmond (as a tourist of course). There were a few cars in the various parking lots and garages, so perhaps someone is in on the weekend fixing IE9 ? Wait for it ...
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      LOL

IE9 is broken in different ways than all previous versions of IE, so Microsoft has to invent a "compatability" mode to change the amount and type of "broken" the user needs to be able to view a web page. Warms my heart; I am here in Bellevue Washington and just this moment got back from a leisurely drive to visit the Microsoft Corporate offices in Redmond (as a tourist of course). There were a few cars in the various parking lots and garages, so perhaps someone is in on the weekend fixing IE9 ? Wait for it ...
      Nothing new there, Microsoft makes a living on putting out things that don't work. I guess it allows them to have more employees!

Be careful while you are in Bellevue, you might pick up a virus

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        LOL

The problem is really with the web designers. Prior to IE 8 and IE 9, Internet Explorer did not support commonly accepted web standards. So good web pages were set to look at what browser doing the browsing. If it was a standards compliant browser, all was well. If it was IE, web pages had to be built using Microsoft standards (which one could argue weren't really standards). So a web site had to have a dual personality -- one that it presented to IE and one that it presented to everyone else.

Microsoft finally got smart and made IE standards compliant. But there is a problem. If a web site, sees IE then it presents a non-standards compliant rendering of the page. But IE 9 (and to a lesser extent IE 8) is standards compliant. What a web page should do is look for IE where the version is less than 8. But very few web sites do that, so if your Internet Explorer is receiving old-school Microsoft non-standard pages, you can switch it into "compatibility" mode. But here compatibility doesn't mean compatible with standards, it means compatible with IE 6. It's one of those "yes" means "no" type things that can be confusing.

If there is a web site that insists on giving you IE 6 pages, you can add that site to a list and thereby ensure that you will always you compatibility mode to view pages on that web site.

Web site authors should now not only look for whether someone is using IE, they should also check the version.

Comment

Working...
        X