Some chess is being played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some chess is being played

Judging from the comments on this message board it is unfortunate that more attention has been given to whether or not games would be displayed properly on Monroi than to the games and results themselves.

So far we already have some surprises, the biggest one being that mighty Bator has already given up three draws, and now needs an almost Hebert-like finish :) to convincingly win an event that at first glance looked like a walk in the park for him.

Quebec City's (my home town) Réjean Tremblay has rebounded from a ignominous defeat to Noritsyn this morning (save some energy Réjean and gracefully resign when it is time to) to score a fine win vs Christian Stevens and move to 3-2, keeping the IM title in sight. IM Panjwani may be leading the event but at this time I do not see all the round 5 results on Monroi's. In the first four rounds Newfoundlander Morgon Mills was the early hero of the event with 3/4 considering his lowly 2056 rating. But vs IM Hansen he played too timidly and was easily dispatched. So unsurprisingly the IMs are geared to fight for first along Sambuev, of course.

Re: Some chess is being played

Hey Jean, who's your pick for top 3 finishes? I haven't been keeping up to date with the tourney but I thought Sambuev had this in the bag as well especially considering his past year results in weekend tournaments
    Shameless self-promotion on display here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

No surprises. Too close to call. Everybody (IMs+GM) is doing better than Topalov right now :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bindi Cheng View Post
        Hey Jean, who's your pick for top 3 finishes? I haven't been keeping up to date with the tourney but I thought Sambuev had this in the bag as well especially considering his past year results in weekend tournaments
        I have got to go with Bator anyway. I can hardly imagine that he wont find a way to win this. For 2nd-3rd I would go with Hansen and Gerzhoy, simply based on their strenght and international experience. Of course Noritsyn and Samsonkin will do their best to prove me wrong (always someone somewhere trying to do that :))
        For the IM title (I like to give a little more than what I am asked for:)) Plotkin seems to have the best prospects with Tremblay having an outside chance. But they will have to earn it against stiff competition.

Comment

Working...
        X