Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess-in-the-Street 2011 Edition - Call for Volunteers

Hi everyone,

It’s that time of year again! I am once again organizing Chess-in-the-Street 2011 Edition. This is the sixth consecutive year!!! First of all, I want to thank everyone who helped me in previous years – Chess-in-the-Street is now a tradition within Ottawa’s biggest street festival, WESTFEST.

Chess-in-the-Street is one of many activities of the “On the Street” program. You can see Chess-in-the-Street prominently displayed on the WESTFEST site here

I plan to have Chess-in-the-Street set up on Saturday June 11th and Sunday June 12th from 10am to approximately 5pm both days. I have the website set up at: http://chessinthestreet.pbworks.com/ . There is a link to photos from previous years to give you a sense of what the event is all about.

I’m really hoping you can spare a couple of hours so we can make this event a real success again this year. I have set up a volunteer schedule at:

http://chessinthestreet.pbworks.com/VolunteerSchedule .

Please look at this schedule and see if you can fit in one or two slots to help me out. As for the simuls, I need two strong chess players – one for Saturday and another for Sunday. Please contact me if you wish to do the simul, it is a lot of fun. If you know of someone who is interested in volunteering (especially students who are looking for volunteer hours), please forward this message

Remember, WESTFEST is totally free (and so is Chess-in-the-Street), so it won’t cost you a penny to enjoy the best street festival in Ottawa! If you can’t make it, I hope you’ll be able to forward this message to anyone who might be able to help me out.

Please let me know if you can help me out. It’s a great way to promote chess, and even a better way to have fun. Please contact me at trbouma@gmail.com

Re: Chess-in-the-Street 2011 Edition - Call for Volunteers

Bumping this up.
    WestFest and Chess in the Street is THIS weekend!
    Ottawa has a great chess community ... surely we can get some more volunteers?!
    I'll be there both afternoons, so be sure to drop by and say "Hello"
    Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X