Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheating at Canadian Closed?

Originally posted by Victor Plotkin View Post
    Please, if you quote me don't stop in the middle of the sentence. I posted "More important, I even don't know how I can play better. My opening knowledge is below zero and I don't plan to make any significant effort to improve it. " I don't see any contradictory here.
    Thank you for congrats.
    Ok, let's just say you're mis-speaking then. You know exactly how you can play better, you just don't plan to do it.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Cheating at Canadian Closed? Another FALSE accusation from the BS (adul

Originally posted by Louis Morin View Post
      What I find disturbing and inappropriate is that several individuals here on Chesstalk used my post as an excuse for spitting their venom on a person they love to hate. As far as I can see, most of them did not even bother to check what Kevin actually wrote on his blog. What can be found there is a long and interesting article on the Canadian Closed, plus lots of praise on the style of Sambuev, Hansen and Panjwani, as well as detailed analysis of several key games. How many grandmasters would do that for free? At the very end he mentions the Plotkin-Calugar incident, carefully analyzing the endgame to show not only how easy it was to draw for White, but also the absurdity of any winning attempts, unless of course one realizes that (thanks to the peculiar way FIDE gives away its FM and IM titles in this particular competition) a loss was worth way more than a draw.

I would like to thank the few people who managed to discuss the issue while keeping their calm and self-control, and would like to mention that actually Kevin never used the word "cheating" on his blog... His final conclusion was: "The outrage is that Potkin was able to get his FM-title by losing; drawing would not have been good enough!!"
      Not being exactly a close friend of Kevin's I must nonetheless agree with Louis' point of view on this. In most if not all respects Kevin has written a superb and generous article on the Closed, pointing out among other things a curious situation that at least looked like an easy opportunity to cheat. But it seems that for many on this message board Kevin can do no good, regardless of what he writes which is a pity.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Cheating at Canadian Closed? Another FALSE accusation from the BS (adul

why would I read Kevin's blog and not believe what is written here?

Title: "Cheating at Canadian Closed?"

text: "still nothing on Chesstalk about this potential cheating scandal."

Seems like a pretty clear implication to me. Now if Louis misrepresented Kevin's article, perhaps as sloppy writing rather than intent, sure that's one thing. But there is no onus on me to double check all his references, particularly a source I have no interest in reading.

Comment

Working...
        X