• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Canadian Closed game against Arthur Calugar

Marc, Thanks for the wonderful reply.

Comment

Re: My Canadian Closed game against Arthur Calugar

I just imagine all the accusations that i may received in the same situation if one of my game about 3 years ago was a decisive game for the IM title.

My opponent resigned in a winning position!

I have a deficit of a quality and a pawn, with the 2 black rooks of my opponent, rated between 2000-2100 FQE, on my second rank. My opponent play a check on f1, i can just put my bishop on d1, then he put is other rook on a1 with check and i seem to lost my bishop and the game.

Before this, the only reason why i continue the game is that i was in charge of the weekly report for the club on Internet, so resigning or continue the game, i will quit after midnight in both situations.

But unfortunately for my opponent, when i put my bishop on d1, it's check on his king g4! So his only legal move is to put his rook formerly on a2, now illegaly put on a1, on e2. Since he saw that i can pin his rook with Rc2 and winning his rook on e2, he resigned!

So we signed the result fastly, and i said to my opponent: Do you know that you resigned in a winning position ? You can break the pin with a sacrifice of quality: you rook f1 can take my bishop on d1, exchange your rook e2 on my rook on c2 and you have a winning endgame 2 pawns against 1!!

He didn't believe his eyes!

Réjean Tremblay
      Last edited by Réjean Tremblay; Thursday, 9th June, 2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X