Can search CFC rating by CFC#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can search CFC rating by CFC#

I need to search CFC rating on Chess.ca website by player's CFC ID. It supposes to be basic function of rating search. But from I saw on the website, I can only personal rating by Name.

Thanks

Re: Can search CFC rating by CFC#

download the TD list file, search on anything you want.

Comment

Re: Can search CFC rating by CFC# - use the TD list

Originally posted by Robert Song View Post
      I need to search CFC rating on Chess.ca website by player's CFC ID. It supposes to be basic function of rating search. But from I saw on the website, I can only personal rating by Name.

Thanks
      Hi Robert:

If you go to the TD List - you can sort by name (first, last) or CFC number.

Open the list using SwissSys or Excel.

Tournament directors can download a complete rating list of all members both current and past. To download the file click here (approximate size 715 kb).
      http://chess.ca/Ratings/tdlist.zip

---------------------------------------------------------

SwissSys 8

The CFC has negotiated an agreement with SwissSys! Tournament directors in Canada can use SwissSys8 free of charge to run their tournaments.

NEWS AS OF June 15th, 2009: CFCmembers.mde datafile for loading registration of players now contains FIDE Number and FIDE Rating information. For loading from datafile you may designate ID #2 as "FIDE NUMBER" and Rating #2 as "FIDE Rating". This function should save a lot of work for all involved.

Instructions

Download swiss8xx.exe or SwissAssistant2.zip.
      Download Database of CFC members.
      Email info@chess.ca for a subscription.

http://www.SwissSys.com/swiss882.exe

Downloads

SwissSys 8:
      swiss882.exe (self extracting zip) This program is also available at http://www.SwissSys.com/swiss882.exe
      Database of CFC members

If you want to only enter the crosstables and not use SwissSys:
      SwissAssistant2.zip - program to enter crosstables.
      Database of CFC members

Comment

you can also put the url for any given player by putting in their ID # in the obvious place.

I'd give you an example but (sigh) the site seems to be down for me. Anyway, to get the main url, go to any players rating using the CFC site, copy the url, substitute in the ID of the player you are interested in (should be obvious in the string) and go to that link.

[edit: link now working so go to say Frank Wang's rating: http://www.chess.ca/memberinfoSQL.asp?CFCN=143998

at the end of that url is CFCN=143998. Substitute your ID for 143998 and away you go]

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Song View Post

Thanks
          The new site allows you to do the basic search by name or CFC number.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
            The new site allows you to do the basic search by name or CFC number.
            *will allow you* :)
            Last edited by Kerry Liles; Wednesday, 8th June, 2011, 10:00 AM. Reason: remove tension (perceived, not intended)
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

That seems rather tense, Kerry.;)

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                *will allow you*
                Right, I forgot I can see it, but you can't :)

Comment

That's usually referred to as hallucinations, Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                    That's usually referred to as hallucinations, Fred.
                    In the computer world, such hallucinations are usually formalized as "alpha testing" or perhaps even "beta" by now...
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
                      you can also put the url for any given player by putting in their ID # in the obvious place.

I'd give you an example but (sigh) the site seems to be down for me. Anyway, to get the main url, go to any players rating using the CFC site, copy the url, substitute in the ID of the player you are interested in (should be obvious in the string) and go to that link.

[edit: link now working so go to say Frank Wang's rating: http://www.chess.ca/memberinfoSQL.asp?CFCN=143998

at the end of that url is CFCN=143998. Substitute your ID for 143998 and away you go]
                      Thanks for the tip Roger!

Comment

Working...
                      X