Chess-in-the-Street 2011 Video of Simul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess-in-the-Street 2011 Video of Simul

Here is the video of Chess-in-Street 2011 .

I've recorded a round from each of the simuls (Stijn De Kerpel and Karoly Szalay).

You may have fun trying to keep up with them as they play against 15 simultaneous opponents. If you wish to make comments on the games, you can refer to the games as Stijn or Karoly: Board 1 thru Board 15 (Board 1 is the first one in the video - e.g. Stijn:Board 1 or Karoly:Board15)

Thanks again to Larry Bevand, Chess'n Math Association and Brad Thomson at Strategy Games for helping me make this event a big success in its 6th year.

Also, thanks to the volunteers who helped me out over the course of two days. You made a BIG DIFFERENCE in helping me out.

Re: Chess-in-the-Street 2011 Video of Simul

On Stijn:Board 2, is his opponent using a chess computer on his iPhone? ...around 0:15 on the video.
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Wilker View Post
      On Stijn:Board 2, is his opponent using a chess computer on his iPhone? ...around 0:15 on the video.
      Hello Marcus:

I noticed this player as well and jokingly told him a chess computer probably wouldn't help him much.

It turns out he wanted to take a picture of each move, so he could go over the game after completion.

I had brought some scoresheets and offered him one, but he declined.
      He quit taking photos about 6 moves in because he thought it would be too many pictures for his phone and/or for him to go through.

That didn't make much sense to me, but so be it.

The weekend was a ton of fun (the weather held) and Tim put in a lot of effort to make the event a success.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Carroll View Post
        Hello Marcus:

It turns out he wanted to take a picture of each move, so he could go over the game after completion.
        Thanks, Billy. He was being pretty obvious about it, so I thought it wouldn't be anything underhanded. But it sure looks bad in the video. :)
        Marcus Wilker
        Annex Chess Club
        Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Working...
        X