Across Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Across Canada

Content in the newsletter has been brought up in another threat here, but I would like to start a new thread relating to Across Canada specifically.

John Brown brings up a good point about the newsletter. It is sadly lacking in local content. This is something I've been trying to address for some time. When the magazine was in print, Across Canada was a big part of it. Reports were submitted by most organizers at that time. For some reason, this has not carried on with the newsletter. Getting organizers to submit reports is like pulling teeth (outside of BC, Alberta and some parts of Ontario). I welcome any and all submissions and do my best to include them as accurately as possible. Yes, I do make mistakes. For the most part, I am a one man show and getting the newsletter out each month is more work than most people realize.

It doesn't have to be that way. It's even easier now with email! That's all it takes. I remember opening the mail at the old cheese barn in Ottawa and it was full of tournament reports. Almost every crosstable submitted came with a brief report on the event submitted. Perhaps the readers and organizers don't value this type of news; otherwise I would have tons to print.

I very rarely copy and paste from chesstalk or anywhere else on the net. I always prefer to have original content. I have done it in the past, mainly because I am frustrated at the lack of reports coming my way. Sometimes I actually make up my own reports on Canadian events, gathering info from various sources, putting them in my own words, without copy and paste. Even this is better than nothing.
    Anyway, I ask all organizers of Canadian chess events to submit your reports for the newsletter. There is no better way to gather Canadian chess history in motion then CCN.

Re: Across Canada

Send reports to Tony Ficzere <tficzere@telus.net> :D

Comment

Re: Across Canada

I think everybody has to put a little more effort into this. It used to be a single e-mail could send the crosstable, report for EP, and membership report.

Now we need to send an e-mail to Gerry with the membership report and attach the SwissSys files.

A second e-mail to Tony with the tournament report and a game score, doesn't really take too much effort.

There is a lot more freedom now in the size of the magazine, so it's far more easy to get things printed !!!

Comment

Working...
      X