Speaker of House playing chess in Parliament...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker of House playing chess in Parliament...

"Speaker of the House Andrew Scheer gave up on game of chess he was playing on his iPad, and ceded his chair to a deputy as the MPs began debating that motion. It was going to be a very long night."

Parliament was in session all night, and is continuing today with NDP fillibusting the back to work legislation for Canada post...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/06...html?ir=Canada

Re: Speaker of House playing chess in Parliament...

Aris, is it true that Speaker of the House automatically gets a free membership to the RA chess club?
    A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Klubis View Post
      Aris, is it true that Speaker of the House automatically gets a free membership to the RA chess club?
      LOL - I don't think so, but maybe one of the RA club exec could respond here otherwise.

There is more chess there than one might think. For example, one MP consulted with me on a match he is having with another MP. Then the election hit. I'll check in on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        ... one MP consulted with me on a match he is having with another MP.
        Finally, our MP's figured out what to do in their "spare" time! When you talk to them don't forget to mention that goverment employees have 50% discount at RA club. It's officially in the RA brochure.
        A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing

Comment

I believe the British House of Commons has an annual team chess match between members of the leading parties.

Perhaps something similar could be arranged for Canada's Commons and Senate! :) :)

Comment

On the other hand, we can easy see how positive influence chess has on people in their extremely situations or time they are having!?
            :)

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
              On the other hand, we can easy see how positive influence chess has on people in their extremely situations or time they are having!?
              :)
              Uhh what??
              i rep back 3+

Comment

I wonder if it was Shredder on the iPad. In my opinion, it's by far the most enjoyable to play on the ipad.

Comment

Working...
                X