CFC Board Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Board Down

Just went to http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/index.php and was advised that
    This domain name expired on 06/26/2011 and is pending renewal or deletion

Gary

Re: CFC Board Down

Works fine for me! Someone must have renewed the domain name pretty fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Works fine for me! Someone must have renewed the domain name pretty fast!
      It doesn't work for me. It gives me a webpage that says the domain is parked with godaddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        It doesn't work for me. It gives me a webpage that says the domain is parked with godaddy.
        It has been working for me all morning

Comment

Working for me.

Comment

Working for me.

Comment

Still not working for me, I even clicked the link from www.chess.ca to make sure I wasn't mistyping

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Gladstone View Post
                Still not working for me, I even clicked the link from www.chess.ca to make sure I wasn't mistyping
                It may depend on what DNS servers you are using. Many (including those run by Rogers), do not operate properly - especially when it comes to honouring the expiration time for caching information. From other reports, it looks like the domain expired (perhaps ever so briefly - no matter). Some DNS servers may take 24-48 hours to "notice" the new information and expire the "not found redirection" that was caused by the expiry of the domain name.

I am behind a corporate proxy that has known issues and this is yet another one. If I connect via a VPN service, all is well. The domain registration is valid (once again) so I imagine this is a temporary problem for some people...

The domain registration should not have been allowed to lapse - that is the root cause of the problems...
                ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  It may depend on what DNS servers you are using. Many (including those run by Rogers), do not operate properly - especially when it comes to honouring the expiration time for caching information. From other reports, it looks like the domain expired (perhaps ever so briefly - no matter). Some DNS servers may take 24-48 hours to "notice" the new information and expire the "not found redirection" that was caused by the expiry of the domain name.

I am behind a corporate proxy that has known issues and this is yet another one. If I connect via a VPN service, all is well. The domain registration is valid (once again) so I imagine this is a temporary problem for some people...

The domain registration should not have been allowed to lapse - that is the root cause of the problems...
                  Thanks for the explanation. I used hidemyass and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Gladstone View Post
                    Thanks for the explanation. I used hidemyass and it worked.
                    That might be worth doing all the time... ;)
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I was good earlier today, but I'm getting the domain expired page now.

Comment

Still working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                          GoDaddy is rather ... infamous ... for the way they handle domain names. I've been meaning to switch it over to another company. Actually I'm not even sure anymore why it was ever with GoDaddy.
                          Christopher Mallon
                          FIDE Arbiter

Comment

It is working again.

Comment

Working...
                            X