Liberal to Conservative or Vice-Versa as Aging Takes Place?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Liberal to Conservative or Vice-Versa as Aging Takes Place?

    Tom O'Donnell receives the award for best comedy by a libetarian.;)

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Liberal to Conservative or Vice-Versa as Aging Takes Place?

      ..........
      Last edited by Ben Daswani; Wednesday, 30th January, 2013, 12:40 AM.
      IM LAUF DER ZEIT

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Liberal to Conservative or Vice-Versa as Aging Takes Place?

        I'm glad we can both recognize self-indulgence when we see it.;)

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Liberal to Conservative or Vice-Versa as Aging Takes Place?

          This thread seems to have strayed from the topic.

          I most certainly have been moving left in recent years, accelerated by the financial bailout, and the greed of the wealthy. When is enough, enough!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVxuJ...eature=related

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Liberal to Conservative or Vice-Versa as Aging Takes Place?

            Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
            I most certainly have been moving left in recent years, accelerated by the financial bailout, and the greed of the wealthy. When is enough, enough!
            The voters always tell you when they have had enough. If you agree the one percent in the video you posted aren't enough to swing the results of an election all by themselves, it's reasonable to assume there are a lot of working class people voting along with them.

            Your video was for the U.S.

            Maybe you could use England but I think they do some pretty dumb things there. They gave a large contract for building trains to a company in Germany, although it hasn't been signed yet from what I understand. The large Canadian company which builds trains in England won't have work for the British union employees so they will be laying off about half the workforce as a result. They already announced that. And that's just for starters. I suppose the bid to use the British workers had to take into consideration the wages the company has to pay.

            There's a chance the entire train works will be closed when the work runs out. Replaced by housing. That factory town has been turning out trains since the industrial revolution. To me it looks like being penny wise and pound foolish. But maybe I'm miissing something here. Maybe the British government wants their trains built in Germany instead of England.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Liberal to Conservative or Vice-Versa as Aging Takes Place?

              Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
              There's a chance the entire train works will be closed when the work runs out. Replaced by housing. That factory town has been turning out trains since the industrial revolution. To me it looks like being penny wise and pound foolish. But maybe I'm miissing something here. Maybe the British government wants their trains built in Germany instead of England.
              Which might even work great for now! But the NEXT time they want trains, they won't even be able to build them themselves anymore, and so they will be forced to pay whatever price the foreign countries want.
              Christopher Mallon
              FIDE Arbiter

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Liberal to Conservative or Vice-Versa as Aging Takes Place?

                Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
                Which might even work great for now! But the NEXT time they want trains, they won't even be able to build them themselves anymore, and so they will be forced to pay whatever price the foreign countries want.
                I think the main problem is the employment and the industry. Besides the train building jobs there are the spinoff like seats and other parts. Also the incomes are taxed in Britain if the work is done there. I'm interested in seeing how it finally plays out and if they reconsider.
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

                Comment

                Working...
                X