• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to improve ChessTalk

Further to an earlier post on this topic, it helps to compare other sites:
    Visit this one with the theme "You've Gaddafi joking"

>>>>>>http://streathambrixtonchess.blogspo...fi-joking.html

Please note the cute chess animation at the end :p. Surely in all of Canada we must have someone with the IT skill to do something to liven up the drab
    stuff we have here.

Re: How to improve ChessTalk

Personally, I think such animations detract from a site. Chess Talk is just fine, and would be even better if we could delete the Climate Change thread.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      ... would be even better if we could delete the Climate Change thread.
      Now, is that a very tolerant position to take? :)
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
        Further to an earlier post on this topic, it helps to compare other sites:
        Visit this one with the theme "You've Gaddafi joking"

>>>>>>http://streathambrixtonchess.blogspo...fi-joking.html

Please note the cute chess animation at the end :p. Surely in all of Canada we must have someone with the IT skill to do something to liven up the drab
        stuff we have here.
        +1 for the article. We've got a thread here at chesstalk about the same subject.

A blog is a blog and a forum is a forum, the twain don't necessarily meet. Before starting to get fancy, the management could activate some simple html tags here to improve tabular presentations. If that has proven too difficult, then starting to code a forum from scratch may seem a lot of effort for the sake of improving (minus bugs and delays) a site that works OK and to which we are accustomed.

PS: The Jonathan B who makes the comment at the blog is not your ob't serv't. He is Jonathan Bryant. What with David Berry, Stephen Berry, Neil Berry, Frank Berry, I think I need a distinctive new name. Something with a Q in it, and then no u to follow. Qindar, qiviut ... oh, I've got it, Qaddafi ! Now that's unique.
        Last edited by Jonathan Berry; Friday, 1st July, 2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X