Question for Larry Bevand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Larry Bevand

Larry, what will the schedule be for the book table at the C.O. Excuse me if this was already asked and answered.

Thanks.

P.S. Do you still have those two books on Petrosian's career that I was drooling over at the 1993 Canadian Open? :)
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Re: Question for Larry Bevand

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
    Larry, what will the schedule be for the book table at the C.O. Excuse me if this was already asked and answered.

Thanks.

P.S. Do you still have those two books on Petrosian's career that I was drooling over at the 1993 Canadian Open? :)
    Hi Peter,

The booth will be open every day from July 9 - 17 inclusive. We will set up about 1 hour before the start of each round and we will start closing down about 4 and a half hours after the start of the round.

The books you are looking for are no longer in print...my how time flies :)

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      those two books on Petrosian's career that I was drooling over at the 1993 Canadian Open? :)
      if these books are:

The Games of Tigran Petrosian Volume 1 1942-1965
      and
      The Games of Tigran Petrosian Volume 2 1966-1983

they just have been reprinted by Sam Sloan's ISHI press

A preview of vol 2 is available.

Comment

Thanks, Emil, I'll check this out. Best wishes for 2013.

Regards,
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

The Games of Tigran Petrosian, Vols 1 and 2, 1942-1983 by Eduard Shekhtman are number 10 on the list of top sellers at the New in Chess shop.

Due to a perfect storm of renewed interest in Petrosian and the new availability of the books?

“2000 games are featured in these books, the most valuable are those which appear with annotations by Petrosian himself. (snip)

Prior his untimely death in Moscow on 13 August 1984 at the age of only 55, Former World Chess Champion Tigran Vartanovich Petrosian had been collecting his games and was preparing lectures and notes. 

He was planning to compile them all into a book. However, due to his premature death the book was never published. His widow Rona E. Petrosian went to work and with Eduard Shekhtman and with great difficulty was able to collect and compile the games which are published here.”

http://www.newinchess.com/The_Games_...83-p-2997.html

Comment

Working...
          X