• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Mallon Please call me now

At my number celll

Re: Chris Mallon Please call me now

Larry

I really did not appreciate you calling me, swearing at me and talking to me like I'm a little child.

I've run YOUR chess board for years at absolutely NO COST to you.

It's not MY fault you didn't take the three seconds to notice that the posts were moved into the original thread and not deleted. This is NOT something that requires special permission, this is NORMAL MODERATION and is practiced on every major forum in the world.

If that is the way you want to treat volunteers who have put hundreds of hours into your organization, so be it.

But I will have no part of that.

Enjoy running your own board from now on.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
      Larry

I really did not appreciate you calling me, swearing at me and talking to me like I'm a little child.

I've run YOUR chess board for years at absolutely NO COST to you.

It's not MY fault you didn't take the three seconds to notice that the posts were moved into the original thread and not deleted. This is NOT something that requires special permission, this is NORMAL MODERATION and is practiced on every major forum in the world.

If that is the way you want to treat volunteers who have put hundreds of hours into your organization, so be it.

But I will have no part of that.

Enjoy running your own board from now on.
      Thank you Chris.

I accept your resignation. Good Luck in your future endeavours!

Larry

Comment

Given the complexities of the CYCC issues it seems that many emotional words were spoken and posted on the forum. I think that Larry and Chris should kiss and make up and consider the days proceedings as a learning experience...

Comment

Blesséd be the peacemakers, for they shall be chat a pawn.

Comment

Top 5 reactions to this in Chess in Canada (anyone recognizing themselves is probably accurate):

1) In the correspondence world, I once had a similar dispute that we resolved and it was proved I was 100% right.

2) I am working on an article to be published soon on my blog that will tell the full story of what really happened here.

3) My comments on this will be posted on the CFC board. Wait, I mean in the Governor's letters. No, at the AGM. Maybe in a personal call to selected members of the board?

4) It's great that Larry & Chris are finally focusing their energies on how to handle junior related posts instead of wasting their time on women's posts which do nothing to increase female participation on the board and, by the way. there's no reason a male should be better at posting on a board than a female.

5) Larry doesn't understand how to generate ads to a message board. We need to create a new world class post, and this will draw in all the money.

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
              Top 5 reactions to this in Chess in Canada (anyone recognizing themselves is probably accurate):

1) In the correspondence world, I once had a similar dispute that we resolved and it was proved I was 100% right.
              Chess disputes normally end badly no matter who is right. Often they result in the loss of a member. An IA normally tries to resolve disputes in a manner which will lose the least members.

Of course, there are some members it's nice to lose.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
              X