2011 cycc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 cycc

This is Nathalie Zhou-Wang using my son Jesse's account.

I'd like to take this moment to thank the 2011 CYCC organizers and officials. Many parents are grateful for the opportunity to take their children a prestigious national competition such as this year's CYCC. Regardless of what happened or will happen about the prize distribution, the 2011 event will be remembered as one of the most successful CYCCs ever.

It's an extremely successful tournament with record-breaking turnout. Maybe the CFC executives can tell us how many new memberships they received directly or indirectly through this tournament.

The tournament went smoothly, and the rounds started on time. The facility is great. Unlike the NAYCC we just went to, kids didn't have to worry about clocks and score sheets. The location is convenient and there's free parking. Also, many out of town parents were happy about the restaurants nearby. According to the many local and out of town parents I talked to, this was a highly enjoyable event for both the parents and the kids.

It's disheartening to read about the argument surrounding the prize distribution. No matter what disagreement they have, I think we should praise the hard work and achievements of Daxin (Anna) Jin, Victor Itkine, and other members of the CYCC committee. The focus should be on doing more for the kids and organizing more tournaments with highly qualified arbiters like Patrick MacDonald.

Nathalie Zhou-Wang

Re: 2011 cycc

Originally posted by Jesse Wang View Post
    This is Nathalie Zhou-Wang using my son Jesse's account.

I'd like to take this moment to thank the 2011 CYCC organizers and officials. Many parents are grateful for the opportunity to take their children a prestigious national competition such as this year's CYCC. Regardless of what happened or will happen about the prize distribution, the 2011 event will be remembered as one of the most successful CYCCs ever.

It's an extremely successful tournament with record-breaking turnout. Maybe the CFC executives can tell us how many new memberships they received directly or indirectly through this tournament.

The tournament went smoothly, and the rounds started on time. The facility is great. Unlike the NAYCC we just went to, kids didn't have to worry about clocks and score sheets. The location is convenient and there's free parking. Also, many out of town parents were happy about the restaurants nearby. According to the many local and out of town parents I talked to, this was a highly enjoyable event for both the parents and the kids.

It's disheartening to read about the argument surrounding the prize distribution. No matter what disagreement they have, I think we should praise the hard work and achievements of Daxin (Anna) Jin, Victor Itkine, and other members of the CYCC committee. The focus should be on doing more for the kids and organizing more tournaments with highly qualified arbiters like Patrick MacDonald.

Nathalie Zhou-Wang
    Thanks for injecting some common sense and dignity into this whole episode.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
    X