CFC website ratings glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC website ratings glitch

It seems that the player database is not being updated with the latest tournament results. Take a look at this player:
    http://chess.ca/players?check_rating...c90de0014cd3d6
    her current rating, as shown in the box at the top, is 1021, but that does not include the results of her last two tournaments. I checked a dozen players who have played recently, all have the same situation.

I have notified Fred McKim, who was going to talk to the progammers.

However, it's now the weekend, and the website is still not fixed. Organisers, and players looking up their rating, should check the recent tournament activity to get the latest rating.

No doubt it will all get sorted out in the fullness of time.

Re: CFC website ratings glitch

I can confirm this, my rating when searched does not reflect my most recent tournament.

My rating when searched shows 764. On clicking my name, you can see both tournaments that I have been involved with and the first gives me my 764, but the second has a "post-rating" of 851 which is what I would have expected to see when I search for my name.

However, I am in the Canadian Open and the organizers entered me as having an 851 rating so whatever the TDs download must be more current than what is on the rating search.

Now, to further complicate matters... I am still only provisionally rated... and when I calculate my rating by hand according to the formula in the CFC Handbook for provisionally rated players, I end up with a different number altogether....

Comment

Re: CFC website ratings glitch

Originally posted by Jason Waugh View Post
      ... whatever the TDs download must be more current than what is on the rating search...
      I didn't look at the MDE file for Swiss-Sys, but TDLIST.TXT has disappeared. Fred is looking into it.

Comment

Working...
      X