Rd 9: GM Benjamin - GM Bojkov draw in 11 moves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $4,200 FOR EACH OF THEM --DRAW! Rd 9: GM Benjamin - GM Bojkov draw in 11 moves...

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
    Well, you're the best joke on ChessTalk and we're all waiting breathlessly to news of your commitment... but nevertheless, thank you for the compliments.

When I write that we need to discourage the kind of play that avoids risks, I'm not doing so with any kind of "authority". Anyone and everyone is free to disagree with me. But meanwhile, the complaints of non-fighting draws in chess continue unabated.
    woah woah woah, sweet pea. first of all, let me remove the need to discuss me. never have i claimed that my grip on reality were anything other than an example of tenuousness. furthermore, i am the leader of the "ben daswani is shit" brigade, so you need not attempt to convince me there

but, you see, that's my one redeeming trait (okay there are two... my eyes are... just wow... you know): i acknowledge my limitations. i am aware of my many faults

you, on the other hand...

you claim that your ideas will increase interest in chess. NO ONE IS EVER INTERESTED IN ANY OF YOUR IDEAS. do you see how DUMB this makes your ideas? look, there's nothing wrong with having dumb ideas. i'm quite dumb, so i can relate. but recognise that your ideas are dumb. don't say things like "time for what i do best, coming up with swell ideas." because while there's nothing wrong with being dumb, being an immodest twat is... not so great ):
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Re: $4,200 FOR EACH OF THEM --DRAW! Rd 9: GM Benjamin - GM Bojkov draw in 11 moves...

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
      ...never have i claimed that my grip on reality were anything other than an example of tenuousness.
      And yet you continue to post as if your opinion matters... as if, to use one blatant example, you can singlehandedly make a nondescript hockey player into a God in everyone's mind. Yes, I can see that you CAN relate to dumb ideas.

Worse than this, however, is that you appear to be among the most viscious of the trolls. It's rare that you post, but when you do, it's to inject some venom towards someone you just (arbitrarily?) decided you don't like.

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
      ...you claim that your ideas will increase interest in chess. NO ONE IS EVER INTERESTED IN ANY OF YOUR IDEAS. do you see how DUMB this makes your ideas? look, there's nothing wrong with having dumb ideas. i'm quite dumb, so i can relate. but recognise that your ideas are dumb. don't say things like "time for what i do best, coming up with swell ideas." because while there's nothing wrong with being dumb, being an immodest twat is... not so great ):
      I never wrote "swell ideas". I wrote "time for me to do what I do best, formulate an idea." It is YOU who added the "swell" adjective, and that tells me a lot about you.

The best thing I can say about my ideas are that they are "interesting" and "unorthodox". Whereas, in the other corner, we have people like Kevin Pacey and Bob Armstrong who rehash "ideas" that have been done like dinner for the past 30 or 40 years. They means well, but there is no creativity. I don't see anyone actively involved in chess who has any creativity. In fact, I'd expand that way beyond chess.... politics, business, you name it, creativity is lacking.

You rail against anyone speaking for others with authority, and here yet again you have done it yourself. You're a blatant hypocrite. Who are you to say that no one is interested in my ideas?

Even if no one here on Chesstalk is interested in any of my ideas, that would be like saying no one in Churchill, Manitoba will ever vote for Harper. I don't think Harper tosses and turns at night thinking about that. You could come back and say that the active members of Chesstalk represent a much larger percentage of chess participants and spectators in Canada than voters in Churchill represent voters in Canada, and you'd be right. But you miss the important point: I'm not just interested in current chess participants and spectators. They represent a totally MINISCULE percentage of those who WOULD participate in or spectate chess if only the status quo were totally changed. And if you notice, my ideas all represent very radical change to the status quo.

For that very reason, when I post my ideas here, I expect criticism and even ridicule. I also expect silence, because some people think you can dismiss someone or something by just not responding at all to them and their ideas. I definitely know that no one on Chesstalk is going to like my ideas, because my ideas represent radical change and no one who is part of the status quo likes radical change. That's simple human nature. And yes, unfortunately, even ideas as mild as organizers running parallel standard chess and chess960 events are still considered by the status quo as "radical". Such is the state of affairs in organized chess.

Like I said, no creativity. Perhaps it's a pathological disorder: the more seriously one is involved in chess, the less creativity and thinking out of the box one is capable of.

I post my ideas here because it helps me document them. That's really the bottom line. I never think I'm going to alter the course of even one person's thinking.

This particular idea, about eliminating most draws with some rule changes, I thought up as I was writing my post. You will notice a few times, I responded to my own posts with refinements of my idea. I'm thinking on my feet, something I can't say for a lot of people here. Do I expect that all the ideas I come up with are golden? No. I work in high performance computer software, with some of the great minds in that field and other scientific fields. Unlike most of the others I work with, I don't have a doctorate or even a Masters: I'm self taught. So you can call me immodest all you want, the fact is, I am too modest for my own good, and I have been told that on many an occassion. Apparently I AM creative, these great minds are all telling me so. They have encouraged me to make some money for myself, and it's actually working, to the point where I can think about things like starting up from scratch something that will enter into the CFC business arena and totally upend things, simply because I love chess and want to see it achieve its full, barely scratched potential. You can all relax... I'm not ready for that move... yet. And even if I were, you can all still relax, because for those of you that love weekend Swiss events just as they are now, that will never go away because of anything I do. There are enough of you, and you are diehard enough, that your world will continue to exist. I personally have no problem with that.

(I like to think of Chesstalk in light of Dr. Seuss, "Horton Hears A Who". I hear your voices and for some reason, I do care about you. Call me stupid.)

I save all the ideas I post here in a simple text file, because I may be ready for a move any time now. When the time is right, I'll know it. I doubt that it will be anytime before the Mayan calendar end (Dec. 21 2012). I'm expecting lots of opportunity after that date passes uneventfully. Perhaps that is exactly what the Mayans had in mind: set a date (IN STONE no less), in a way that would enrapture the whole world, and once it passes uneventfully, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy because of the release of pent-up emotions. When people dread a particular future date, and it passes without the events they have feared, they tend to let loose. The Mayans may have been nothing more than very astute psychologists of their time with a devious sense of humor.

So Ben, getting back to you: your whole tirade is a total invention of your tenuous mind. My ideas may not be golden, they may even turn out to be dumb, but your saying they are dumb means nothing to me, just as it should. If I ever stated that my ideas WILL increase interest in chess, I apologize for that, I should have written they MIGHT increase interest in chess, and particularly among those who are CURRENTLY NOT INVOLVED IN CHESS AND THUS AREN'T HERE ON CHESSTALK. Which makes me wonder, if Ben replies, is he going to try and speak with authority for THEM too?

BTW, at some point I will take all my ideas and post them here in a new thread, so that everyone can see in one post what they are. You can take them or leave them, I really don't care. Harper doesn't lose sleep over Churchill Manitoba, and there's something to say for that.

( My apologies to anyone in Churchill Manitoba who may be a Harper supporter. )
      Only the rushing is heard...
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
      X