Chess at Eglinton Square (Toronto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess at Eglinton Square (Toronto)

Where: Eglinton Square Food Court at Specially Designated Tables (Eglinton Ave E & Victoria Park Ave, East of DVP)
    When: Monday to Thursday @ 4pm to mall closing
    Bring Your Chess Set & Enjoy A Game At The Mall

Adult only chess at this point in time please.

The person, who started it, wrote:
    "I approached my local mall, Eglinton Square Mall and they agreed to designate 4 sets of 4 tables to chess from 4pm to 9pm Monday to Thursday.
    They even went so far as to apply very beautiful decals onto the tables with very nice chess boards on them."

Kudos!!!

Bellow is a poster (probably only seen by those who logged in)

Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Wednesday, 20th July, 2011, 10:46 PM.

Re: Chess at Eglinton Square (Toronto)

Hi Egis,

I have a night off from work tonight so if you are available, we can test your Alekhine defense with my chase variation - over a cup of coffee.

5 minutes SD. or 3' + 2"" is okay with me. first to win 6 (just like in Bobby Fischer era).

I live close to this mall and can make it easily. See you tonight......
    Last edited by Erwin Casareno; Wednesday, 20th July, 2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
      See you tonight......
      Hi Erwin,

I'm only a messenger.... My plans for tonight - to go near the North Pole :D

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        Below is a poster (probably only seen by those who logged in)
        Here's a link for the poster: http://annexchessclub.com/2011/07/chess-in-the-mall/
        Marcus Wilker
        Annex Chess Club
        Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          Hi Erwin,

I'm only a messenger.... My plans for tonight - to go near the North Pole :D
          Hi Egis, how 's the temp in north pole? we are getting slowly baked in Toronto.

I have experienced several, i mean i am a veteran of , of 37 C days back in Manila. But this one in TO is certainly feeling like i am in India or Karachi.

Like the winter -wind chill factor, there is the humidity factor, that makes it much worse. they say 48 C. The hot wind gushing by my ears makes me think like a chicken getting grilled.

Comment

Keeping off-topic - a local (Montreal) radio station today called up the research station/base at Alert (the closest settlement to the North Pole). It was a balmy 3 degrees C, and daylight around the clock.

(in Feb. 2009 I was in Melbourne, Australia - the day before I arrived it was 46 C - before factoring in any humidity index. The day I arrived was 18 C).

Comment

Working...
            X