OCA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCA Question

When will the OCA's website be updated with the minutes of the 2011 AGM, the latest annual financial statements, and the names of the current officers and directors?
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Re: OCA Question

Yes I'd like to know who got the OCA President Position after Michael went to CFC President. As for finances. I'd doubt they have any money to do anything progressive.

Comment

Re: OCA Question - talk to Rob Clark or Brett Campbell

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      When will the OCA's website be updated with the minutes of the 2011 AGM, the latest annual financial statements, and the names of the current officers and directors?

OCA Executive

President: Michael von Keitz from May until CFC AGM (July) 2011
      replaced by Rob Clark email: rvp_nocl@chessontario.com

Regional Vice Presidents:

GTCL: Ilia Bluvshtein

EOCA: Bill Doubleday

SWOCL: Bob Gillanders

NOCL: Rob Clark

Secretary: Alex Ferreira

Treasurer: Brett Campbell e-mail: treasurer@chessontario.com

Youth Co-ordinator:
      Patrick Mcdonald

Comment

Re: OCA Question - talk to Rob Clark or Brett Campbell

Originally posted by Mark S. Dutton, I.A. View Post

OCA Executive

President: Michael von Keitz from May until CFC AGM (July) 2011
        replaced by Rob Clark email: rvp_nocl@chessontario.com

Regional Vice Presidents:

GTCL: Ilia Bluvshtein

EOCA: Bill Doubleday

SWOCL: Bob Gillanders

NOCL: Rob Clark

Secretary: Alex Ferreira

Treasurer: Brett Campbell e-mail: treasurer@chessontario.com

Youth Co-ordinator:
        Patrick Mcdonald

For the new 2011-2012 season, I have taken over from Bill, as the EOCA Regional VP.

P.S. My old computer is now crashing a little less often, so catching up on emails, etc.

Comment

Yes sir, I am indeed taking over as OCA president for Mike. The website will be updated soon as I am waiting for some of the documents from the AGM. In addition, Shawn Geley will be taking over as president of NOCL and Matthew Nicholsen will be representing NOCL as RVP. There is also another youth coordinator being lined up, as Patrick was voted youth coordinator for the CFC

Comment

As for the finances to do something progressive, we might have or need not need exorbitant sums. It just means we have to get creative. There are a number of modern social networking forums the CFC and OCA haven't pursued like youtube or free internet chess sites which I think are worth looking at. We might be able to drum up some more members through those routes. Also I'd love to hear any ideas anyone might have about increasing membership or any suggestions regarding the OCA.

Comment

Working...
            X