Thank you to the CFC and Bob Gillanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you to the CFC and Bob Gillanders

for giving me the certificate of recognition that i have aspired for in 2009.

I have already thrown this dream out of my mind for some time now, until this afternoon Aug 4 when my wife handed to me a big yellow envelop, saying it came from Bob Gillanders. I casually said, maybe it is my lifetime membership with the CFC.

When i read what the cover letter was stating, i fell from my chair, as i thought this matter has been lost in the files and day to day activities of the CFC.

To the CFC, and to Bob Gillanders, thank you once again........

Re: Thank you to the CFC and Bob Gillanders

Originally posted by Erwin Casareno View Post
    for giving me the certificate of recognition that i have aspired for in 2009.

I have already thrown this dream out of my mind for some time now, until this afternoon Aug 4 when my wife handed to me a big yellow envelop, saying it came from Bob Gillanders. I casually said, maybe it is my lifetime membership with the CFC.

When i read what the cover letter was stating, i fell from my chair, as i thought this matter has been lost in the files and day to day activities of the CFC.

To the CFC, and to Bob Gillanders, thank you once again........
    As the new master's representative as of the 2011 Canadian Closed players meeting, I asked Bob and Gerry about getting the National Master program back on track. They very quickly did so. It was one of the reasons that I volunteered for the master's rep position as I thought that it was important that the only CFC title awarded be given some recognition. I got my certificate at the same time that you did and so did my good friend Zoltan Kiraly and several others. Hopefully Denton Cockburn will soon achieve his.

I think that we should go to a similar system of titles as they have in the USCF as a way of increasing interest as suggested by Tom O'Donnell.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      As the new master's representative as of the 2011 Canadian Closed players meeting, I asked Bob and Gerry about getting the National Master program back on track. They very quickly did so. It was one of the reasons that I volunteered for the master's rep position as I thought that it was important that the only CFC title awarded be given some recognition. I got my certificate at the same time that you did and so did my good friend Zoltan Kiraly and several others. Hopefully Denton Cockburn will soon achieve his.

I think that we should go to a similar system of titles as they have in the USCF as a way of increasing interest as suggested by Tom O'Donnell.
      I just have to survive my next 6 games. Here's keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Denton

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Your efforts as Masters rep is very much appreciated Vlad.

Thanks to you also for being the initiator.....I pray that Canadian chess will have many more Vlad.

Comment

Working...
        X