Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make more Canadian players to WYCC 2011

Hi,

I would like to share an idea with you about WYCC trip which could make more families decide to send their kids to WYCC this year, which will be held on Nov 17-27th, in Brazil.

It is about how make out kids there without their parents going with them on the trip. According to related estimation, two persons' trip to Brazil will cost around $5,000.00(except the first place CYCC winner), plus about two weeks time. It is too expensive for families lived on normal salary. I know it will be definitely too hard for people other than parents to take care of them during the event for young group, however it is possible for elder sections(U12, 14, 16, 18 eg.) if players and their family feel confident they can handle most of things during the event. The transportation of round trip, hotel, meals are most things need to be taken care of.

So, question is for WYCC Canadian organizer: If this post get enough support from other chess parents, will you consider to organize/hire person(s) be in charge of this? we even if can pay certain amount for this service if required.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Robert Song; Thursday, 4th August, 2011, 07:05 PM. Reason: title has a typo

Re: Make more Canandian players to WYCC 2011

The CFC is looking for a chess coach to go with kids.
    More details at http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1901

I think someone (one of the parents) is a head of a delegation taking care of kids too.

Comment

Re: Make more Canandian players to WYCC 2011

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      The CFC is looking for a chess coach to go with kids.
      More details at http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1901

I think someone (one of the parents) is a head of a delegation taking care of kids too.
      Thanks. I more meant about the daily routine responsibility, instead of chess coaching. To see if event organizer support the idea or not(Actually I sent same question to Patrick , have not got response of it yet). same time try to get attraction from other chess families whose kids already got eligibility of WYCC entry.

Comment

Re: Make more Canadian players to WYCC 2011

Hiring one person to take care of all the young players who are not accompanied by parents? That sounds ambitious.

Maybe there could be a less formal arrangement where a child is accompanied by parent, who also looks after a child of another parent, assuming that the parents know each other. Taken to its extreme, that could save 50% of the parental expenses.

In Mexico, there is an association of chess parents,
        Asociación de Padres de ajedrecistas en México
        Their web page is in Spanish and chaotic, but the idea of parents getting together to protect their interests and the interests of their children, might be a good one.

Buena suerte.

Comment

Re: Make more Canadian players to WYCC 2011

If any parent wanst to send their child with me, I am willing to take up to 2 kids along with my child U14 & up. I do not need any money for this. Just pay your child's share of expenses.

I have had parents who have done the same for me, not for such a big tournament but I have no issue doing this, contact me.
          Sanjiv

Comment

Working...
          X