Alberta...can we talk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta...can we talk?

You guys are doing some incredible stuff!

Is there any way we can work out a schedule where we have fewer scheduling conflicts?

You are a real player on the Canadian chess scene...I would love it if we could be on the same team :)

Larry

Re: Alberta...can we talk?

Alberta has a variety of good contacts - not sure why you aren't going straight to them instead of posting this publicly?

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post
      Alberta has a variety of good contacts - not sure why you aren't going straight to them instead of posting this publicly?
      Hi David,

I agree...and I went that route first.

Tony, who I like, has basically said...no thank-you.

The old guard, who has been very supportive in the past, is trying to get away from the front lines from what I have heard...

help :)

give me the link...

Larry

Comment

Hi Larry,

I assume you are referring to the Calgary International which takes place over the Victoria Day weekend each year.

While I understand your concern, we were not in a situation to move the dates in 2011. It wasn't a question of not wanting to work with anyone. The dates could not be moved for a variety of reasons.

Going forward, there is some very good news which you will hear from us regarding the Calgary International for 2012 and 2013. While I can't spill the beans right now, I will make an official announcement once we are told we can do this. This has been in the works for sometime and is something that Vlad and myself have been working on. The bad news (from your point of view) is that we must hold the event over the Victoria Day weekend for the next two years. We have entered into a contract with a sponsor and the dates are set in stone.

This is probably not what you wanted to hear, but our hands are tied.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
          Hi Larry,

I assume you are referring to the Calgary International which takes place over the Victoria Day weekend each year.

This is probably not what you wanted to hear, but our hands are tied.
          There are not enough weekends for everybody and at some point you just have to go with what works for you. If it comes down to it, it's not good for BC either to have the Chess Challenge on the Victoria Day weekend (aka Keres weekend). But neither event is going to change dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
            give me the link...Larry
            From albertachess.org:

ACA Contact Info
            Executive Director: Vlad Rekhson
            Phone: 403-970-8032
            email: vrekhson@yahoo.ca

Comment

Vlad is out of the country until August 26 or so. He may or may not be able to get his emails while he is away.

Comment

Working...
              X