FIDE rules for league tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE rules for league tournaments

Does anyone know where I can find the rules for FIDE league tournaments?

I want to do a league that's FIDE rated.

Denton

Re: FIDE rules for league tournaments

I would imagine that FIDE would call it teams rather than leagues but I don't have time to look it up at the moment... I'm sure they have rules though since you have national team championships and international events such as one that just finished, not to mention the olympiad.
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
      I would imagine that FIDE would call it teams rather than leagues but I don't have time to look it up at the moment... I'm sure they have rules though since you have national team championships and international events such as one that just finished, not to mention the olympiad.
      I don't mean a team league type thing.
      I'm looking at the idea of doing a swiss tournament over multiple days.

Are there any swiss-systems that allow multiple play (so play each opponent twice, once with each colour)? (not a RR by the way).

Denton

Comment

Nevermind about the league part, I found that.

But the part about the double-play swiss still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Denton Cockburn View Post

Are there any swiss-systems that allow multiple play (so play each opponent twice, once with each colour)? (not a RR by the way).

Denton
          I believe that all Swiss system pairing programs allow for that. This is often used for blitz events because in other events having two games against the same opponent is just too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
            I believe that all Swiss system pairing programs allow for that. This is often used for blitz events because in other events having two games against the same opponent is just too much.
            Hopefully I can put together something that works.

It's hard getting more people to have FIDE ratings in a city where only 4 people are FIDE rated :(

Comment

in a city where only 4 people are FIDE rated :(
              Can you invite players from Detroit? (it would be cheaper to pay for them CFC memberships than traveling North :D)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                Can you invite players from Detroit? (it would be cheaper to pay for them CFC memberships than traveling North :D)
                I'm not sure how to target the Detroit players. I don't know enough about the state of chess in Michigan. I would love to get some of their players here though.

I hate that the CFC membership requirement would make it tough to get these players to play in Windsor.

Denton

Comment

I'm not sure how to target the Detroit players. I don't know enough about the state of chess in Michigan. I would love to get some of their players here though.

I hate that the CFC membership requirement would make it tough to get these players to play in Windsor.

Denton
                  They have a USCF membership requirement and they don't have too much of a problem to get people to go the other way.

Its been a while since I played in a USCF tournament (January of 2011) but a couple of years ago when I played a lot there were individuals who expressed an interest in playing in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                  X