World Cup Heats Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Cup Heats Up!

Thanks Aris - actually I'm not serving as an Arbiter anymore - had I not been asked to serve on the Appeals Committee I would have been sent packing as well. I am substituting for Lakdhar Mazouz - the African Continental President after he was called away for the All African Games in Mozambique. I'll admit though that I was rather pleased to be asked!

Egis - the hall is wayyyy too big right now! Midway through the tournament we would draw about 60 spectators each day - more than double the numbers of the 2005 and 2007 renditions that I attended. Now they may have a dozen at the peak period. But I can't say for sure because I only tip toe through two or three times per game.

The coverage has been great but they need to take a tip now from political conventioneers, who are experts at shrinking a room to make it look full.

Comment

All done. No appeals!

Svidler has won the World Cup, followed by Grischuk and Ivanchuk. Tomorrow we have no tiebreaks, only a Closing Ceremony and reception. Then the trek home begins with a 4:30 am shower Wednesday morning. I should make it home by about 1:30am Thursday. Only 30 hours going back.

Today on our morning walk I found a blueberry patch with one last survivor. I wish I had known about that when I got here almost a month ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
        All done. No appeals!

Svidler has won the World Cup, followed by Grischuk and Ivanchuk. Tomorrow we have no tiebreaks, only a Closing Ceremony and reception. Then the trek home begins with a 4:30 am shower Wednesday morning. I should make it home by about 1:30am Thursday. Only 30 hours going back.

Today on our morning walk I found a blueberry patch with one last survivor. I wish I had known about that when I got here almost a month ago!
        Hal, thanks for all your posts, and repping Canada! Have a safe, albeit arduous, trip back.

Comment

Working...
        X