Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Ficzers steps down as editor...

According to Kevin Spraggett's blog

Tony Ficzere, Western Canada's most active chess organizer and editor of the CFC's e-magazine for the past 2 years, has stepped down as editor ... IM Porper will take his place.

Re: Tony Ficzers steps down as editor...

The information published in the Canadian Chess Newsletters. (I received the issue several days ago.)

Some excerpts from it related to the tread::
    Editorial by T.F.: "Started a new job which has demanded most of my time....The next issue of CCN will likely be my last as editor. Other personal commitments are making it very difficult to meet deadlines and provide quality content. If you think you would like to take a stab at editing the newsletter, contact the CFC business office. There is an ad in this issue (you will have to find it yourself!) which gives you a little more information."

The ad is on page 40.
    "Canadian Chess News is looking for a new Editor!
    Would you like to be Editor of Canadian Chess News?
    The CFC is seeking an Editor for this newsletter. As Edi-tor, you will be responsible for all aspects of the newslet-ter. This includes soliciting articles from players and or-ganizers, editing, selling ad space, creating ads, graphics, as well as doing the entire layout each month.
    Previous experience as an editor would be an asset. Good computer skills are essential!
    If you are interested, please send your resume to the Chess Federation of Canada by email to: info@chess.ca"

Comment

Tony has done an outstanding job with the newsletter. Sorry to see him go, but best of luck with the new job. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Tony has done an outstanding job with the newsletter. Sorry to see him go, but best of luck with the new job. :D
        Hi Bob,

Agreed! Tony has set the bar high!

Has the CFC found a new editor or is that still on the table...no not me LOL but I do know a few people who could do a great job.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
          Hi Bob,

Agreed! Tony has set the bar high!

Has the CFC found a new editor or is that still on the table...no not me LOL but I do know a few people who could do a great job.

Larry
          Edward Porper is acting interim editor, but the permanent position is still open. Those interested should send their resumes to info@chess.ca just as the newsletter says. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
            Edward Porper is acting interim editor, but the permanent position is still open. Those interested should send their resumes to info@chess.ca just as the newsletter says. :)
            Thanks Bob,

Since the people I know who are qualified read Chesstalk on a regular basis...I will leave it to them to make the next move...is there a cut off date?

Larry

Comment

I still have not received the latest issue.

Comment

i haven't received an issue since i renewed my membership this summer

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Sadler View Post

Craig
                  Does the CFC office have the proper email address for you? Are you sure your membership was renewed (check the CFC website member info). If both of those are correct, you should email the CFC office and ask why you don't get the newsletter?

(the last one was quite large and may have been blocked by your email provider...)

Other possibilities: it ended up in a spam filter or otherwise was not brought to your attention... unfortunately, email is unreliable as hell.
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

i assume they do because they sent the receipt there successfully, but i will double check thank you

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Sadler View Post
                      There was some delays with summer issues, thus we (at least I) got a double magazine a week ago.
                      Give/write your email and I forward it to you. Keep in mind - it is a -big- file ~10mb.

Comment

Tony did a great job. By the way Egidijus, the prefix m means milli and is 1/1000, the prefix mega is M and it is 10**6...standard definitions internationally...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                          Tony did a great job. By the way Egidijus, the prefix m means milli and is 1/1000, the prefix mega is M and it is 10**6...standard definitions internationally...
                          by the way, what would be a millibit? ;)

Comment

Fuzzy logic...

Comment

Working...
                            X