Toronto Labour Day Open results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Labour Day Open results

For those eagerly awaiting the results of this very strong weekend event, here's the crosstable >>>>>

http://annexchessclub.com/2011/09/2011-tldo-results/

Congratulations to Noritsyn, Krnan and Divljan for their top result! Krnan plays very few weekenders nor does Divljan - nice to see them do well!
    I've always found Igor Divljan a pleasant competitor - it's almost as if he doesn't want to beat anybody. But here he got to the winners circle by a win over Sambuev in the last round - I wasn't there so I can't comment on how the game went. Perhaps this post will elicit some in-depth comments as to what happened in the final two rounds.

Re: Toronto Labour Day Open results

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
    Perhaps this post will elicit some in-depth comments as to what happened in the final two rounds.
    Some games are up:

http://annexchessclub.com/2011/09/20...results/#Games

All from day one (so no help on the final two rounds, yet). Mostly some lessons on how to beat experts... although there is one "miraculous" exception ;)
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Comment

If only I had played like that for the rest of the tournament :(
      By the way I'm planning to go to WYCC in November and looking for sponsors right now...Anybody has any ideas? any help is appreciated :)

Comment

oops... ignore this post (since I can't delete it)
        Last edited by John Upper; Thursday, 8th September, 2011, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Ivanov View Post
          ...By the way I'm planning to go to WYCC in November and looking for sponsors right now...Anybody has any ideas? any help is appreciated :)
          How about challenging the entire staff of your high school in a simul? You can probably polish them off in less than an hour assuming none are tournament players. ;-)
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

you'll laugh, last year when I went to Turkey I took on 10 teachers in a simul at the front of our school, $5 a game and other donations welcome, raised about a hundred bucks. Probably gonna try it this year but it's hard to arrange with the school

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Ivanov View Post
              you'll laugh, last year when I went to Turkey I took on 10 teachers in a simul at the front of our school, $5 a game and other donations welcome, raised about a hundred bucks. Probably gonna try it this year but it's hard to arrange with the school
              Do you coach chess at all? That's a decent way to raise some money.

Comment

Hi,

Labour Day was an awesome social event and full of highly entertaining chess (unfortunately, personally I played like a bobo, but whatever)
                Big thanks to everyone who put it together and made it happen:
                Marcus Wilker, Ted Winnick, Yakos Spiliotopoulos, Hugh Siddeley, Adrienne Todd, Bryan Lamb.
                Great sportsmanship by John Brown who could not make it to play but came to help out one of the days.
                Hope I didn't forget anyone, and to be there at Thanksgiving,

Alex F.

Comment

Originally posted by Denton Cockburn View Post
                  Do you coach chess at all? That's a decent way to raise some money.
                  I'm teaching in 2 afterschool programs plus some individual students at the moment, unfortunately most of that is going to my own coach who to his credit does help me a lot...

Comment

Working...
                  X