Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : 2012 Canadian Open in Victoria

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
    I can't see the list on IE. Maybe it works with other browsers.
    Works fine in Chrome and Firefox. Works fine in IE but only in compatibility mode. The web page must assume that IE is the old school IE rather than the more standards compliant IE.

This is a common problem with web pages. IE used to be an odd duck so web authors would look for IE and treat in a special way. But now IE can be either old school (non-standard) or standards compliant. A simple test of "is this IE or not" doesn't cut it anymore.

Comment

Re: 2012 Canadian Open in Victoria

What is the policy on byes in the first six rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Ritchie View Post
        What is the policy on byes in the first six rounds?
        It's on the main webpage, under Misc. http://monroi.com/2012-cocc-home.html

Up to 4 in rounds 1-7

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
          A website has been posted giving the basic details of the 2012 Canadian Open in Victoria at: http://monroi.com/2012-cocc-home.html

More details will be added as side events etc. are fleshed out.
          hi,Roger, I will play in open section.include Keres Memorial. not in U2000. except U2000 is Fide rated.
          Thanks.
          Last edited by Jack Qian; Sunday, 29th January, 2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Qian View Post
            hi,Roger, I will play in open section.include Keres Memorial. not in U2000. except U2000 is Fide rated.
            Thanks.
            Once you have paid your entry fee, including the surcharge to play up a section, I will be happy to move you up. That applies to the Keres as well.

Comment

Re: Re : 2012 Canadian Open in Victoria

Originally posted by Steve Karpik View Post
              Works fine in Chrome and Firefox. Works fine in IE but only in compatibility mode. The web page must assume that IE is the old school IE rather than the more standards compliant IE.

This is a common problem with web pages. IE used to be an odd duck so web authors would look for IE and treat in a special way. But now IE can be either old school (non-standard) or standards compliant. A simple test of "is this IE or not" doesn't cut it anymore.
              It is OK (as in fixed) as least for now. I think I have identified the offending behaviour that caused the issue....

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
                A website has been posted giving the basic details of the 2012 Canadian Open in Victoria at: http://monroi.com/2012-cocc-home.html

More details will be added as side events etc. are fleshed out.
                Team-Quebec

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last Quebec youth championship qualified some players for the new Team-Quebec. Completed by a few players according to their rating, the team is now composed of 22 young players.

This project is organized by the FQE and financially supported by the Chess'n Math Association.

You can find more information here, although it's only in French.

The principal teacher will be FM Lefong Hua. Other teachers include GM Sambuev, IM Castellanos, FM Barbeau and FM Bérubé. Together, they will assure an intensive training, both in French and in English. The participants will have 21 lessons in the year, these lessons including exercices, tournaments and a lot of teamwork.

The goal of this team is to allow the young players to be more competitive on the national and on the international scene, as well as to promote team spirit. This project should also help us to attract more talented young players to this game in the next few years.

Why nobody care kids in BC.

Comment

Working...
                X