2010-2011 EOCA winners & plaques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010-2011 EOCA winners & plaques

Hi chess fans, I cannot seem to find a previous announcement of this, so here it is! :)

The 2010-2011 EOCA (Eastern Ontario Chess Association) Grand Prix (GP) series ran from September 2010 to June/July 2011, from the Ottawa Autumn Open to the Eastern Ontario Open. The locations ranged from Ottawa to Morrisburg to Arnprior, and it was great to have Kingston back in the fold! After the proverbial settling of dust, our winners are :

2010-2011 Season
    EOCA GP Champion : GM Bator Sambuev

U2200 Winner : Christopher Pace
    U2000 Winner : Emil Smilovici
    U1800 Winner : Kevin Wan
    U1600 Winner : David Zhang

The commemorative plaques have been ordered, and will hopefully come in by the time of the 2011 Ottawa Autumn Open at the end of this month, starting the 2011-2012 EOCA GP!

In addition, we should also have completed the big permanent trophy that highlights the winners from the inception of this series, dating back from 1982, with many famous names!

Re: 2010-2011 EOCA winners & plaques

Hi again chess fans, I am pleased to announce that the 2010-2011 plaques are already in, and will be presented this weekend at the Ottawa Autumn Open. Last year, I was not this timely, so I am delighted to finally be on time with these special prizes! :)

As for the new big EOCA permanent trophy, it has been built, thanks to the creativity of Bertrand at Chess&Math! We have designed and affixed the 4 main plaques surrounding the marble middle base, and plaques representing the 29 years of winners have been produced. Since it is already after 2am, but I am still processing registrations for this weekend, it is unlikely that I will complete the whole trophy today, but hope by Sunday.

Comment

Re: 2010-2011 EOCA winners & plaques

The only one not yet claimed is the one for Christopher Pace. Chris, I am putting it in my car, so maybe you could catch me at the RA club some Thursday evening. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
      X