GL # 2 - Now Posted on CFC Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL # 2 - Now Posted on CFC Website

Posted on CFC Chess Forum ( http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/ ) on October 10:

" GL # 2 2008-9 is now on the CFC Website.

Love to see those 3 Grassroots' Campaign motions ( Motions 2009-7 to 2009-9 )! :):) Sorry to see President David Lavin is against all three :( ( though it does seem he takes this position because he doesn't like the July AGM motion in the first place ). I note that his business plan does call for the elimination of tournament memberships ( which is the motion 2009-7 ).

Concerned to see the motion to rescind the July AGM motion on fees. I voted for this at the AGM ( on proxy for Barry Thorvardson ). I must admit to being a bit miffed that the movers of the recission motion say I didn't know what I was doing in July. This recission would raise the CFC annual fees back up ( adult - from $ 30 to $ 36; junior: from $20 to $ 24 ), and lower the rating fees ( adult - from $5 to $3; junior - from $5 to $0.50 ). Seems to me that the motion's intention to shift CFC general revenue from membership ( by lowering it ) to rating fees ( by raising them [ except the junior was raised too much - see motion 2009-9 ] ), was the right way to go. And it actually positively affects CFC finances, since the shift was revenue-generating, not revenue neutral [ though this is what the Grassroots' Campaign had preferred]. I see no reason to rescind this motion.

Bob "
Working...
X