2012 Canadian Junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Canadian Junior

The 2012 Canadian Junior will be hosted by the Calgary Junior Chess Club from January 5-8, 2012 at the Calgary Chess Club. The event will be very well organized this year with an excellent playing site and a solid organizing team.

Visit the tournament website for full details:

http://www.cjcc2012.ca/

Re: 2012 Canadian Junior

Absolutely impressive website guys! Well done. :D

Comment

Ditto! Nicely done.

Only one question - is it not proper now to refer to " Open/ Girls ", rather than " Boys/ Girls " ( regardless of what FIDE may call them )?

Bob A
      Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 4th October, 2011, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
        The event will be very well organized this year with an excellent playing site and a solid organizing team.
        Isn't it usually up to the participants after the event to voice their contentment or lack of about "good organization" ? If organizers are now allowed to announce "good organization" before the event, where are we going ? :)

Modesty is the only sure bait when you angle for praise.
        -Lord Chesterfield

Comment

Hopefully - all the games will be supplied (either live or soon after completion).
          I still only have games from the first 4 rounds of the 2011 Junior (and that was held last April).

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post
            Isn't it usually up to the participants after the event to voice their contentment or lack of about "good organization" ? If organizers are now allowed to announce "good organization" before the event, where are we going ? :)

-Lord Chesterfield
            True Jean, but the organizers are working hard and have jumped a few hurdles along the way. They are a dedicated crew aiming at providing a good event. I guess the idea is to appreciate the work of the dudes before, during, and after, if all goes well. I myself have much faith in the team.

Comment

All games will be available after each round. They will likely be broadcasting the top 5 boards from each round as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                Ditto! Nicely done.

Only one question - is it not proper now to refer to " Open/ Girls ", rather than " Boys/ Girls " ( regardless of what FIDE may call them )?

Bob A
                I think you may be right Bob. I will bring this to the attention of their webmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Hébert View Post

-Lord Chesterfield
                  I think that if Tony was part of the organizing committee it would be a little bit pre-mature but since he isn't he can say anything he wants about the guys actually organizing the event:-)

I am working with the organizers and all I can say is that the people involved are doing a great job of putting a lot of time and effort into creating what should be a great event!
                  Last edited by Vlad Rekhson; Wednesday, 5th October, 2011, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post
                    I think that if Tony was part of the organizing committee it would be a little bit pre-mature but since he isn't he can say anything he wants about the guys actually organizing the event:-)
                    What I am saying is that the organizing team is doing a great job in putting this event together. Plus, I am saying that I have faith in their efforts.
                    Last edited by Tony Ficzere; Wednesday, 5th October, 2011, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Rekhson View Post

I am working with the organizers and all I can say is that the people involved are doing a great job of putting a lot of time and effort into creating what should be a great event!
                      I was under the false impression that Tony was part of the organizing committee. My mistake. But regardless, it seems to me that it is premature for anyone to label the organisation with praise, leaving the impression of a pre-emptive operation. For one thing it is yet another "national championship" held as a double round swiss system (diluting both the level and quality of play) that may well turn into a regional event with a too small number of "outsiders" from Eastern Canada. Within that dubious framework, yes it can and hopefully will be a well organized regional event (enjoyed by all attendees), but, unfortunately, not " a great national championship ".

Comment

Working...
                      X