Toronto Women's and Toronto Junior - starting next Monday October 17.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto Women's and Toronto Junior - starting next Monday October 17.

Toronto Women's and Toronto Junior Championships are starting this coming Monday October 17.

Please register as soon as possible!

http://annexchessclub.com/?p=2621

email: info@annexchessclub.com
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Re: Toronto Women's and Toronto Junior - starting next Monday October 17.

Deadline for entries is this Thursday October 13 at midnight. If there is insufficient interest, this year’s Toronto Women's and Junior Championships will be cancelled.
    Last edited by Marcus Wilker; Wednesday, 12th October, 2011, 10:59 AM.
    Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Marcus wrote:

Thursday November 12
      Hmmm... Nov. 12, 2011 is a Saturday, and if it was a typo to mean October - Oct. 12, 2011 is a Wednesday. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
        Hmmm... Nov. 12, 2011 is a Saturday, and if it was a typo to mean October - Oct. 12, 2011 is a Wednesday. :-)
        OK. I think I got it now... Thursday October 13
        Marcus Wilker
        Annex Chess Club
        Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Wilker View Post
          OK. I think I got it now... Thursday October 13
          Marcus,

Last year's Toronto junior championship was successful although only have 6 players entered. It was a pretty competitive event. There are already 5 players registered so far this year, why bother to cancel? I have sent invitation email to some of my friends for the event. let's see.

Toronto Junior 2010 site:
          http://tjcc2010.blogspot.com/
          Last edited by Robert Song; Wednesday, 12th October, 2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Song View Post
            Marcus,

Last year's Toronto junior championship was successful although only have 6 players entered. It was a pretty competitive event. There are already 5 players registered so far this year, why bother to cancel? I have sent invitation email to some of my friends for the event. let's see.

Toronto Junior 2010 site:
            http://tjcc2010.blogspot.com/
            It may not be financially viable to have a tournament with only 5 or 6 players... that is one reason I can think of.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

The extended entry deadline has now passed. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the Junior reserve section because of low registration. We are going ahead with a six-player round robin for both the Junior and the Women's Championship.

Round 1 pairings are posted:

http://annexchessclub.com/?p=3694
              Marcus Wilker
              Annex Chess Club
              Toronto, Ontario

Comment

... make that a five-player round robin for the women's championship
                Marcus Wilker
                Annex Chess Club
                Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Wilker View Post
                  ... make that a five-player round robin for the women's championship
                  I would hope that another player will come forward so that there isn't a bye and everybody will get to play each week. Maybe accept a late entry on Monday night?

Comment

Toronto Junior is up to 7, Toronto Women's down to 5, and Toronto Junior Reserve (with 4) may still run. If someone just shows up tonight (for Round 1) we may still be able to fit her or him in.
                    Marcus Wilker
                    Annex Chess Club
                    Toronto, Ontario

Comment

We're still looking for one more player to join the 2011 Toronto Women's Championship...

http://annexchessclub.com/?p=3694
                      Marcus Wilker
                      Annex Chess Club
                      Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Working...
                      X