Strategy Games - 2012 Catalogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy Games - 2012 Catalogue

We are working on our English chess catalogue for 2012.

When I was in France last month...and I visited the chess shops...they basically said that they no longer produce hard copy catalogues...everything is online.

Fair enough...I don't know if you have ever saw a catalogue from a chess shop in France...they take 4 months to put it together...and it is totally artistic!

Strategy Games has produced a catalogue in the past that is ummm errr...less artistic :)

Except for our 2012 version...it is actually very impressive!...in my opinion.

Christian Lacasse of the Chess'n Math Association, has put a lot of effort into this one and I am sure you will be happy with what is there.

After my conversations with chess retailers in France I am not sure we will be doing a chess catalogue in 2013.

In the past we would send our catalogues out free of charge to all our active customers.

This year, we ask you to send me an e-mail ( bevand@chess-math.org ) or pick your copy up at one of our shops. Even if you have never purchased from us, you can receive our catalogue at no charge by sending me an e-mail.

Our English catalogue should be available by November 15, 2011...just in time for those holiday gift ideas :)

You can also visit our website at: www.strategygames.ca

We update our site every week with new items.

We try to be competitive in our pricing.

We are a non-profit organization that reinvests profits into the Canadian chess scene (for example...we gave Mark Bluvstein $9,000 on his road to the GM title...or giving Jason Cao of Victoria B.C. $1,000 worth of chess books for having won the 2010 World Under 10 Championship...or supporting PEI chess to the tune of many thousands of dollars in the last 3 years).

Support chess in Canada..buy from Strategy Games, which is owned and operated by the Chess'n Math Association, Canada's National Scholastic Chess Organization!

www.strategygames.ca ...order on our site before midnight Oct 24 2011 and we will send you a special gift!

Larry Bevand
    Chess'n Math

Re: Strategy Games - 2012 Catalogue

As a piece of free advice; worth every penny you paid for it ...

When I look at your online catalogue, I'm puzzled by all the items with no image attached. I don't understand how someone would order a chess set sight unseen.

It might be an interesting exercise to analyze sales of unillustrated items to see if they can be compared to those with pictures.

While I'm on a roll, I also find it useful to be able to easily see what is new. If you look at the NIC site, they have the standard categories, but they also have items listed on their main shop page so that newest items appear first.

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    We are working on our English chess catalogue for 2012.

When I was in France last month...and I visited the chess shops...they basically said that they no longer produce hard copy catalogues...everything is online.

Fair enough...I don't know if you have ever saw a catalogue from a chess shop in France...they take 4 months to put it together...and it is totally artistic!

Strategy Games has produced a catalogue in the past that is ummm errr...less artistic :)

Except for our 2012 version...it is actually very impressive!...in my opinion.

Christian Lacasse of the Chess'n Math Association, has put a lot of effort into this one and I am sure you will be happy with what is there.

After my conversations with chess retailers in France I am not sure we will be doing a chess catalogue in 2013.

In the past we would send our catalogues out free of charge to all our active customers.

This year, we ask you to send me an e-mail ( bevand@chess-math.org ) or pick your copy up at one of our shops. Even if you have never purchased from us, you can receive our catalogue at no charge by sending me an e-mail.

Our English catalogue should be available by November 15, 2011...just in time for those holiday gift ideas :)

You can also visit our website at: www.strategygames.ca

We update our site every week with new items.

We try to be competitive in our pricing.

We are a non-profit organization that reinvests profits into the Canadian chess scene (for example...we gave Mark Bluvstein $9,000 on his road to the GM title...or giving Jason Cao of Victoria B.C. $1,000 worth of chess books for having won the 2010 World Under 10 Championship...or supporting PEI chess to the tune of many thousands of dollars in the last 3 years).

Support chess in Canada..buy from Strategy Games, which is owned and operated by the Chess'n Math Association, Canada's National Scholastic Chess Organization!

www.strategygames.ca ...order on our site before midnight Oct 24 2011 and we will send you a special gift!

Larry Bevand
    Chess'n Math

Comment

Re: Strategy Games - 2012 Catalogue

Originally posted by Neil Sullivan View Post
      As a piece of free advice; worth every penny you paid for it ...

When I look at your online catalogue, I'm puzzled by all the items with no image attached. I don't understand how someone would order a chess set sight unseen.

It might be an interesting exercise to analyze sales of unillustrated items to see if they can be compared to those with pictures.

While I'm on a roll, I also find it useful to be able to easily see what is new. If you look at the NIC site, they have the standard categories, but they also have items listed on their main shop page so that newest items appear first.
      Hi Neil,

Thanks for the constructive comments!

I agree that we are behind the curve on this stuff.

I have a feeling we will have to hire someone full time in January who will focus on social media and our website...if there are folks out there looking for a job in this area...please send me your resume :)

Larry

Comment

Working...
      X