Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chess recognized as a sport by Sport Canada

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    Interesting site - thanks. It isn't all that clear (to me) that the best players in the world will be playing - certainly seems not in the case of chess. Maybe this effort will grow and be transported into the IllusionOf empire of FIDE?
    Here's the Men's Roster: Karjakin, Ivanchuk, Ponomariov, Grischuk, Gashimov, Kamsky, Mamedyarov, Wang Hao, Giri, Le Quang, Vallejo Pons, Wang Yue, Vachier-Lagrave, Almasi, Dominguez Lopez, Navara

I'd say they've done pretty good, considering that London is going on at the same time.

Comment

Re: Chess recognized as a sport by Sport Canada

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
      Here's the Men's Roster: Karjakin, Ivanchuk, Ponomariov, Grischuk, Gashimov, Kamsky, Mamedyarov, Wang Hao, Giri, Le Quang, Vallejo Pons, Wang Yue, Vachier-Lagrave, Almasi, Dominguez Lopez, Navara

I'd say they've done pretty good, considering that London is going on at the same time.
      Thanks for finding that - I did not persevere to find the list... I agree, it is pretty impressive considering London tourney.
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Re : Re: Chess recognized as a sport by Sport Canada

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
        As an aside, I once years ago emailed the FQE and politely asked them, as an interested CFC member, what it might take for them to reuniify with the CFC. Not quite as rudely as yorself, they did not reply.
        I do not come very often on the English side of Chesstalk, so I read this only by chance. It would be interested to know when and to whom you wrote at the FQE. Neither I or technical director Richard Berube have ever received anything from you. Should you want to write again, my email is info@fqechecs.qc.ca; Richard Berube's email is dirgen@fqechecs.qc.ca

By the way, asking "what it might take for the FQE to reunify with the CFC" seems to imply that the FQE separated from the CFC. Actually, the opposite is true. The CFC disaffilated the FQE in 1979 (already 32 years ago), so a better question might be "what it might take for the CFC to reaffiliate the FQE".

Comment

Working...
        X