Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Capital Open: triple early discount

EOCA Tournaments webpage : http://www.eoca.org/htm/tournaments_2011-12.html
    entries posted @ ChessTalk : http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Hi chess fans, the EOCA (Eastern Ontario Chess Association) is pleased to announce the 2011 National Capital Open. After some experimentation with our last two Ottawa events, we are returning to our more "regular" format from the last few years. The only significant difference from, for example, the 2011 Ottawa Spring Open, is that we are concentrating with 4 sections rather than 5 sections, in order to ensure increasing the variety of opponents.

As well, the super early discounts are back! For starters, anyone who pays in November takes advantage of the $30 triple-early discount, and then the early discounts will gradually decline until onsite. Please note that any registrations/payments before the actual tournament are to be done with myself.

Please also note that I am currently at the European Team Championships, so my next evening at the RA Chess Club will be Thursday, November 17th.

Finally, I am delighted to announce that Halldor Palsson is joining me to help run this tournament! He will be kickstarting the event on Friday evening, and he will be providing Swiss-Sys pairings throughout the weekend, including the last round, where FIDE pairing rules are slightly different. Thanks Halldor! :)

P.S. Is there someone in your life who keeps asking what they can get you for Christmas? How about entry to the Ottawa Winter Open?! And if it would help, send me their email address, and I can help them register you! (of course, other holiday names are also available! ;)

Yours in chess,

Aris Marghetis
    International Arbiter
    arismarghetis at rogers dot com

some clarifications etc.

Hi again, as Halldor and I plan this event in more detail, and in looking to simplify things as much as possible, we have now set December 1st as the day from which we will use CFC Regular ratings to rank/section all players, and the idea is to use only CFC Regular ratings. If a particular player does not have a current one, then we could consider FQE/FIDE/etc. ratings. Note also that as the class prizes are probably going to be about $500 per section, and in order to be fair to regular players, that the TDs reserve the right to adjust the section/results of a player who has withheld applicable rating information.

For players looking to pay in person, I will be at the RA Active tomorrow night, but might not arrive until after the start of the 1st round. Checks welcome!

Finally, we are actively looking for 4 floater players, who would play 0-5 rounds, for absolutely free! If you might be interested, please email me to apply.

Thanks and regards, Aris & Halldor.

Comment

little website info

Hi there, it seems there have been some link naming changes at the EOCA website, so it might be challenging getting to the PDF announcement that presents all the event details.

If you need any assistance, please feel free to email me, and I can reply it to you directly.

Sorry for any inconvenience, Aris.

Comment

RA late tomorrow

Hi again, for people who intended to register/pay tomorrow evening at the RA club, please note that I will not be getting there until at least 9pm. I am hoping to play in the last Active round of the evening, but I am driving in from Perth, so I cannot give an exact time.

Note that for people who wanted to take advantage of the $30 triple-early November discount IN PERSON, that tomorrow evening will be the last chance to do so. It will be $10 more as of next Thursday, December 1st. Of course, snail-mail registrations are welcome. To get the $30 off by mail, just mail it before December 1st, the postmark will confirm that.

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Comment

Working...
        X