GM Ahbijit Kunte Chess Camp in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Ahbijit Kunte Chess Camp in Toronto

Hi everyone, after the success of GM Kunte's camp this past summer, Ahbijit has agreed to come back to Canada to do 3 more camps during December.

2 of the camps will be in Ottawa, and 1 in Toronto.

I will be organizing the camp in Toronto and Sanjiv Kalra (the one who organized the camp this past summer) is working on both of the Ottawa camps.

Ahbijit is a well known GM around the world. He is one of the first GM’s to hail from India representing them at the 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004 Chess Olympiads. Ahbijit has won many tournaments including the 2000 Indian Championship, the 2003 British Championship, and the 2006 Canadian Open. Ahbijit has also worked with top GM Vishy Anand.

Here are the camp details:

5 Days
    8 Hours per day
    40 Hours in Total

Dates
    December 26
    December 27
    December 28
    December 29
    December 30

The cost is $400

The camp is restricted to 10 players so register early!

It should be noted that the camp is designed for the more serious player who has ambitions to be a master or higher.

As you may know, I attended the Kunte camp held this past summer and I learned a lot. Here is a summary of what we did in that camp:

- Must know Rook Endings
    - Must know Bishop Endings
    - Complicated King and Pawn Endings
    - Middlegame positions to solve
    - Theme Blitz in a particular Opening
    - Consultation Games (where the class is divided in two and each side plays against each other with the help of
    a database)
    - Presenting two of your games in front of the class and a thorough analyses of this game by Ahbijit and the class
    - One on One time with Ahbijit where he will explain your weaknesses and how to improve them
    - Analysing GM Games
    - How to Master an Opening,make your Opening Repertoire and create novelty's using Chessbase

You can also view pictures from that camp here:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/kalra.sa...KunteChessCamp

If you or someone you know would be interested in the Toronto camp, please let me know and I will reserve a spot. Contact me at henryliam@hotmail.com or 647-302-5939

If your interested in the Ottawa camp, you can contact Sanjiv at kalra.sanjiv@gmail.com

See you all soon!
    Liam

2 Pre registered

Aman Hambleton
    Roman Sapozhnikov

Comment

4 Pre-Registered

Roman Sapozhnikov
      Aman Hambleton
      Kyle Morrison
      James Pryor

Comment