Occupy Santa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupy Santa?

My gosh, now they want to Occupy Santa? http://www.thespec.com/news/world/ar...-targets-santa

Will these ideologues stop at nothing?

Communists don't like Christmas either. Just saying.
    Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Thursday, 24th November, 2011, 09:06 AM. Reason: woops I did it again

A Great Debate

Hi Zeljko:

Communists don't like Christmas........hmmmmmmmm.

A great philosophical debate is in the offing. Is it because:

1. Communists are godless?
    2. Communists are anti- consuming?

And do you mean Communists or Marxists or both?

This has the potential to be a great thread, rivalling climate change!

Bob

Comment

Re: A Great Debate

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Hi Zeljko:

Communists don't like Christmas........hmmmmmmmm.

A great philosophical debate is in the offing. Is it because:

1. Communists are godless?
      2. Communists are anti- consuming?

And do you mean Communists or Marxists or both?

This has the potential to be a great thread, rivalling climate change!

Bob
      Well coming from a country where my father and family did not get Christmas day off and had to rush home after work to celebrate, where their religious freedoms were thus violated, where you had to have your child baptised in secret lest the authorities find out; I think I can safetly say communists don't like Christmas. Communists includes Marxists; communist is the overall term like ice cream and then Marxists, Leninists, Titoists, Maoists are just the wacky, fun flavours. I don't know if they are godless so much as they don't want any other gods above themselves; Mao was pretty god like and so was Stalin. This Adbuster attitude smacks of the 'we know what's good for you better than you do yourself' activist mantra. Next thing they'll be demanding people replace their turkey dinner with strained carrots.

Are communists anti-consuming on purpose or is just because they can't get their economic act together to fill their store shelves? From each according to his ability to each according to his need doesn't seem to suggest bare shelves.

All I can say Bob is Santa loves you and so does Jesus :) And if this gains traction I'd be careful if I was you - with that beard you like jolly and somewhat Santa like...
      Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Thursday, 24th November, 2011, 09:07 AM. Reason: to thwart a commie plot :)

Comment

Re: Occupy Santa?

Maybe if all those who actually worship Santa Claus would tell Adbusters that to occupy Him (just being respectful of their beliefs) is interfering with their religious observances, this might morph away.

When I read this: "Black Friday on November 25, a notorious day of shopping excess in the United States" in the Spectator article linked by Zeljko, I thought, hey, maybe there are some [fifth columnists, eh Z?] on the Spec staff, but then I thought, nah, it's a simple statement of fact.

Comment

Santa has everything to do with commerce and nothing to do with religion and in fact is a clear example of commerce supplanting religion. That being said the .001% (occupy Santa protesters) are just going to anger the 99.999% who just want to mind their own business.

Comment

Occupy bellies...organized by the pro-lifers...
            Occupy virgins...self explanatory...
            Occupy sanity...obviously not a favorite of the denial industry...
            Occupy prisons...strongly favored by the Harper government...
            Occupy chesstalk...Ruben probably wins the prize for this one...
            Occupy the center...Endorsed by both Liberals and chessplayers alike...
            Occupy the net...a good principle for hockey goalies who are too ambitious...
            Occupy the penalty box...for the hockey goons...
            Occupy facebook...a primary occupation for millions of people...

Comment

Occupy the john!!
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Beckwith View Post
                Occupy bellies...organized by the pro-lifers...
                Occupy virgins...self explanatory...
                Occupy sanity...obviously not a favorite of the denial industry...
                Occupy prisons...strongly favored by the Harper government...
                Occupy chesstalk...Ruben probably wins the prize for this one...
                Occupy the center...Endorsed by both Liberals and chessplayers alike...
                Occupy the net...a good principle for hockey goalies who are too ambitious...
                Occupy the penalty box...for the hockey goons...
                Occupy facebook...a primary occupation for millions of people...
                Agreed; the whole occupy concept is only fit for making lame jokes about.
                Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Friday, 25th November, 2011, 01:12 AM. Reason: didn't change a thing - honest

Comment

You misunderstand me. I support them completely, the income discrepancy between the super rich and poor is completely unsustainable and will only end in grief if it gets larger.

Interesting that you even attack my jokes, I thought that they were quite good. Care to come up with anything original to show that you are capable of original thought?

Comment

This is for all the people that are still confused about what the Occupier folk want...

http://ninedemands.com/petitions/working-america

Comment

This is for all the people that are still confused about what the Occupier folk want...

http://ninedemands.com/petitions/working-america
                      Thanks Paul. That is a good list.
                      I would add
                      9. Pass the Stock Act - this would eliminate insider trader in congress. This is basic anti corruption law that is in place in all the other western democracies, but seems to elude the US.

(see the other thread "insider trading in congress" for details)

Comment

You misunderstand me. I support them completely, the income discrepancy between the super rich and poor is completely unsustainable and will only end in grief if it gets larger.

Interesting that you even attack my jokes, I thought that they were quite good. Care to come up with anything original to show that you are capable of original thought?
                        Nah, my goal in life is not to have Paul Beckwith approve of me. Care to put forth an idea that your activist community is not already touting? Do you read the daily activist diatribe and only then know what you should be thinking? Being on the same page as all the other activists does not make you an original thinker. It just makes you part of the madding crowd.

Interesting that you make lame jokes about a movement you support and about abortion and virginity. Are you getting out enough? I once heard that a comedian that has to praise his own jokes has an audience of one.
                        Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Friday, 25th November, 2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

What is your goal in life? It is obviously not to learn, but to be bitter and put other people down...good luck with that; it will never work with me...

For the record, I am not an activist, never have been. I am a scientist, and amazed at the lack of scientific knowledge in our society. Even more amazed by the thinking of your ilk. By the way, do you know what ozone is?

You strike me as being a 9 to 5 office type guy, just do what you are told and keep your head down. Creativity for you is wondering what color shirt to wear in the morning. Or what to have for lunch...

Comment

What is your goal in life? It is obviously not to learn, but to be bitter and put other people down...good luck with that; it will never work with me...

For the record, I am not an activist, never have been. I am a scientist, and amazed at the lack of scientific knowledge in our society. Even more amazed by the thinking of your ilk. By the way, do you know what ozone is?

You strike me as being a 9 to 5 office type guy, just do what you are told and keep your head down. Creativity for you is wondering what color shirt to wear in the morning. Or what to have for lunch...
                            Really? Are you finally using that engineering degree? In a paid job? Good on you.

My goal in life? That's something I would discuss with family and friends. Are you talking to me or to a stereotype of your own invention? Bitter and putting down? You mean like your shot about my working 9 to 5 (which I don't as I'm a full time university student) or about how I dress myself or how I decide what to have for lunch? Actually I am rather looking forward to doing just that in France soon; lunch in Paris oh my. Yeah, keep my head down, that's why I used to be on the executive of the largest union in Hamilton.

I don't remember this debate being about ozone (O3). You seem to be interjecting a new topic here. I'm perfectly happy to leave the gas issues to you. I don't claim to know everything about everything.

I wasn't aware that I had an ilk. I am continually amazed at the lack of people skills of people who purport to be scientists. By the way, when did you stop referring to yourself as an engineer?

Tell me does your engineering degree make you an expert on the financial system. Because I'm continually amazed at the lack of financial literacy and understanding of our financial and tax systems. However, that just means more work for me. Perhaps you can tell me all about section 84.1 of the Income Tax Act and I'll tell you all about our friend the ozone layer. Or heck let me make it easier for you - explain to me the principle and methods of the integration of the taxation of corporate and personal income in Canada. What are it's aims and how is it carried out?

Because perhaps I should remind you that Wall Street is a financial system not an elemental gas. I think I've spotted the problem in your basic approach right there.

Or wait is this all just because I found your jokes lame? I apologize then, they were actually hillarious.
                            Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Friday, 25th November, 2011, 11:48 AM. Reason: okay done now?

Comment

Have you finished editing, so that I can respond. How many times did you edit this?

Comment

Working...
                              X