Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 CHESSCA OPEN: Additional prizes

Hello everyone,

Good news! I just received some gifts for the tournament, and they will be handed out during the tournament. Mmm? feels like Christmas comes early this year.

I have not decided how the prizes would be awarded (draw / best dressed / best sportsmanship, etc.), but any brilliant suggestions would be most welcomed!

Additional prize 1: One VIP Sequel Card, which is valid for a complimentary night stay at any Sequel Property. This card has an approximately $200 value.

Please visit the links below to find out more about Sequel Property:

Sequel Lifestyle Hotels and Resorts
    www.sequelhotels.com

Sequels? family of fine Inns & Resorts
    www.hvmuskoka.com
    www.eloramill.com
    www.benmiller.on.ca
    www.touchstoneonlakemuskoka.com
    www.chateaubeauvallon.com

Additional prize 2: One ticket to the Umbra Olympian Chess Tournament + Fundraiser. This ticket has an $80 value.

To learn more about the Umbra Olympian Chess Tournament, visit:
    http://chess.ca/misc2008/Chess4x6%20Postcard.pdf
    http://chess.ca/UmbraOlympiad.htm

GO! Team Canada GO!

Green-Pens for everyone: Every participant will receive a Green-Pen valued at MSRP $2.22.

About Green-Pens:
    Green-Pen? is made from Mater-bi. It is a corn starch?based material, fully biodegradable, and can successfully replace standard plastic materials. After composting it is transformed into a fertilizer to generate new agricultural products. Mater-bi does not release any metal or toxic residues, it comes from the earth and it returns to the earth without altering the eco-system.

Furthermore, it has been certified by BPI (Biodegradable Products Institute), approved by the CPIA (Canadian Plastic Industry Association), and has obtained the CEE safety mark for children.

Once the ink completed, simply remove the tungsten cartridge from the barrel. Plant the pen in soil and after approximately 8 months, the pen will have decomposed and will serve as a fertilizer for your plant! Also available is a little bottom cap with flower seeds. Simply plant in soil and watch the seeds sprout and bloom while the pen decomposes into the soil.

To learn more about GreenPens, visit:
    http://www.greenpen.ca/en/

2008 Chessca Open: Pre-registered list (as of October 22nd, 2008)

Name Rating
    IM Samsonkin, Artiom 2504
    Henry, Liam 2256
    Sapozhnikov, Roman 2232
    Zhou, Haonan 2220
    WFM Yuan Yuanling 2205
    Egorov, Mikhail 2188
    FM Jung, Hans 2170
    WFM Kagramanov, Dina 2160
    WFM Smith, Hazel 2094
    Hambleton, Aman 2093
    Gusev, Nikita 2054
    Drkulec, Vlado 2028
    Bzikot, Robert 1981
    Wang, Jesse B.J. 1950
    Shah, Omaray M. 1949
    Gashgarian, Rob 1921
    Li, Mann-Kee 1901
    Prysiazny, Michael 1888
    Gillanders, Robert 1809
    Knechtel, Tim 1798
    Liu, Steven H. 1779
    Itkin, Victor 1768
    Itkin, David, 1714
    Moran-Vanegas, Mario 1696
    Bellomo, Joe 1686
    MacLeod, Neil 1670
    Khaiter, Dennis 1668
    Farrant-Diaz, Nathan 1602
    Karpik, Steve 1542
    Giblon, Rebecca 1542
    Supsup, Ferdinand 1482
    Zhou, Kevin 1468
    Befurt, Joey 1346
    Yin, Zining 1329
    MacLean, John 1310
    McCleary, Reuben 1302
    Ravi, Anand 1297
    Giblon, Andrew 1280
    Fang, Tina 1270
    McCleary, Rick 1220
    Martin, James Denis Dylan 1200
    Giblon, Melissa 1198
    Liu, Peter 904
    Li, Michael 0
    Nicholson, Matthew 0

Regards,
    Mei.
    ________
    MFLB REVIEW
    Last edited by Mei Chen Lee; Thursday, 24th March, 2011, 12:42 AM.

Re: 2008 CHESSCA OPEN: Additional prizes

Hi Mei Chen:

Wonderful work on getting sponsors to donate, and in promoting your sponsors. You should definitely send them a copy of your post to show part of the publicity they get for donating ( on a national/international chat board ). And once sponsors have felt that a sponsorship was satisfactory for something, they are more amenable to being approached a second time.

Good luck with the tournament ( sorry I can't make this one ). It seems like a good pre-reg list.

Bob

Comment

Re: 2008 CHESSCA OPEN: Additional prizes

Thank you for the kind words and good suggestion, Bob.

I will definitely send a thank you card along with the chesstalk posting as you?ve suggested. Incidentally, these sponsorships were very pleasant surprises, as I have not been able to approach any sponsors this year due to a hectic work schedule.

As the gifts have only arrived within less than 10 days to the tournament, sponsors were made aware that there would be very limited publicity available. The sponsors have been very pleasant and understanding about the matter. Nevertheless, I will try my level best to get as much word out possible about their generosity.

Have a good weekend, and see you at the next chess tournament!

Cheers and happy chess,
      Mei.
      ________
      Interracial Wife
      Last edited by Mei Chen Lee; Thursday, 24th March, 2011, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X