Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Ratings Update?

Hi,

Was there a ratings update this Wednesday, or will there be one on Thursday?
    There are a few tournaments pending for rating that may affect some people for the upcoming HH tourney.
    Thanks,

Alex Ferreira

Rating Update Dates

I think that CFC should reintroduce the policy of having the rating updates noted by " date ". In the old system, the page gave the anticipated date of update, so people know when to expect it ( though it is almost invariably Wednesday for the last long while ), and then there was a note as to the date of the last update ( going from memory here, so may not be 100% accurate ).

Anyway, notices of these two dates would be informative and helpful.

Bob A

P.S. The Toronto Seniors' Championship just finished Tuesday night, so I don't expect Michael Barronwas able to get it in for the Wednesday update, if there was one. If there wasn't one, then I don't know if Michael has yet submitted it and if it will make it in.
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Thursday, 15th December, 2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Re: CFC Ratings Update?

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
      Hi,

Was there a ratings update this Wednesday, or will there be one on Thursday?
      As of 11:25 EST, there seems to have been a rating "undate", as all of the events I played in 2011 have disappeared from the list.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
        As of 11:25 EST, there seems to have been a rating "undate", as all of the events I played in 2011 have disappeared from the list.
        That often happens during the update or at least it did on the old website.

Comment

Hi John:

My guess is that you only " thought " you played in them. Someone has now established that in fact you didn't!

Bob A

Comment

I've reported this problem. Hopefully we can get it staightened out shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
              I've reported this problem. Hopefully we can get it staightened out shortly.
              I don't think that it is a problem with the website. In 2010, I probably checked my rating more than anyone else and that would happen just about every time they did a rating update and I tried to check my rating while they were updating. It usually lasted about an hour.

My guess is that the database records are locked while the update takes place and thus unavailable to queries.
              Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Thursday, 15th December, 2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

...but the tdlist http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/tdlist.txt appears to be fully up-to-date, as far as I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                  Hi John:

My guess is that you only " thought " you played in them. Someone has now established that in fact you didn't!

Bob A
                  Sounds like a movie plot. The disappeared..... games.

Comment

All my games for 2011 are missing as well.
                    Some of these games were not very memorable, but this is ridiculous. :D

Comment

Disappearing History!

Hi Bob G:

Do you object to being written out of history?

I'm afraid to look to see what's happened to me!

Bob A

Comment

Re: Disappearing History!

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                        Do you object to being written out of history?
                        I'm afraid to look to see what's happened to me!
                        Don’t worry, everything happened and all the "accomplishments” in last 6 months, you can consider yourself safe in that department! :D
                        Last edited by Mikhail Egorov; Thursday, 15th December, 2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Wright View Post
                          ...but the tdlist http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/tdlist.txt appears to be fully up-to-date, as far as I can tell.
                          The ratings are back up. In the process of uploading the database files from the CFC machine (where all of the rating program calculations are initially done) to the Ratings Web Server, there was an error that amusingly enough dropped the last year's worth of results.

We had a new feature added to the CFC Store module this week by Resolution, and the Ratings module wasn't reinitialized properly (or something to that effect).

The TDFile did get loaded on the first try, thus the anomaly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail Egorov View Post
                            Don’t worry, everything happened and all the "accomplishments” in last 6 months, you can consider yourself safe in that department! :D
                            Just when I was enjoying a few days vacation from your endless drivel...
                            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                              Just when I was enjoying a few days vacation from your endless drivel...
                              Yeah. Just when we started discussing tiny methane bubbles in the climate change thread we get drivel here. :)
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                              X