Niagara Falls Open 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara Falls Open 2012

Does anyone have information on when the 2012 Open in Niagara Falls will be taking place?

Re: Niagara Falls Open 2012

I'll let John Erickson Know you are asking.

Comment

Hi Steve
      Niagara Falls Open will be April 14-15 2012.
      John will have the flyer posted in the New Year.

Comment

John,

Any further information on the Niagara Falls Open or is it still too early?

Comment

Hi Steve;
          John Erickson will post on CFC site.

What exactly do you want to know?

Comment

I will check CFC site. I was interested in session times, cost, location, and additional fees if one is playing tournament chess after 20 year absence.

Comment

Hi Steve;

I don't have John's Flyer handy but from what I remember.
              It will be 3 Rounds on Sat April 14,2012 90 mins Sudden Death all three Rounds.
              Sunday will be two rounds 30moves in 90mins then Sudden Death in 1 hour.
              Registration 8:45 am
              Round 1 will start as close to 9am as possible and Sunday Round 4 will start at 10:00 am.

Cost this year is $50 with discounts for Juniors and Seniors.
              There will be a $5.00 late fee at the site. Cash Only

If you have to rejoin CFC the adult cost is $48. If you are from USA then cost is less, you'd have to look up the CFC site for that.
              You can play a participation fee of $20 if you don't want to pay full membership
              at that time. But if you are planning to get back into chess after 20 year layoff and you want to play regularly. Then the membership is the better deal.

If you are looking for Hotel/ Motels look up Motel 6 very close to site or any hotels /motels on Lundy's Lane .
              Site is at Shriner Hall on North St. near Hospital. I do not have address .
              John will post when he has final flyer done on the CFC Website.
              Hope this helps.
              Last edited by John Brown; Saturday, 11th February, 2012, 05:48 PM. Reason: TYpo of information

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                Sunday will be three rounds 30moves in 90mins then Sudden Death in 1 hour.
                Registration 8:45 am
                Round 1 will start as close to 9am as possible and Sunday Round 4 will start at 10:00 am.
                I presume there will only be two rounds on Sunday, not three (for a total of 5 rounds, like last year)

In any case, I intend to play :)

Comment

Yes Walter 5 Rounds is correct. Will look forward to talking to you again.

Comment

John & John.

Why have you not advertised your tournament on the CFC website?

Please were asking about it in Kitchener yesterday. I told them to check the CFC website, assuming it would be there! :o

Comment

I will post the flyer for the 2012 Niagara Falls Open tournament later tonight. I will have flyers with me at the Hamilton Open this coming weekend. I apologize for not doing it earlier, but you know how things can get.

The Niagara Falls Tournament will be held on April 14th & 15th at the same site as every other one.

John Erickson

Comment

Hi Bob;
                        I was planning to go to Kitchener.
                        I was going to send you a flyer but forgot sorry.
                        John will have lots at Hamilton.
                        I'll email Patrick McDonald a flyer tonight. For the Kitchener group.
                        John has Posted on chess talk.

Comment

Working...
                        X