Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new chess club

Chess for fun
    We are starting a chess club at Willowdale Christian Reformed Church (70 Hilda Avenue, Toronto, M2M 1V5, Ontario). All ages and levels are welcome. We will be playing Mondays starting at 7pm. If you have, please bring chess sets and boards with you, although some will be provided. For more information contact Egis Zeromskis (egis@kris-egis.com) or simply drop by this following Monday, October 27th.

Church location at google map
    Please use back doors. It is even more convenient if you come by car. The parking lot is free.
    The TTC 125 bus stop is located at Hilda and Drewry.

Re: new chess club

We had the first meeting and a lot of fun. As for the first time, I would say, it was well attended :) Even the future Toronto Open organizer dropped in and played a casual game. After delivering update about the tournament (flyers will be ready soon and the official promotion will start in North America), he promised to come back.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions:
    * How much is a membership?
    ** It is free and open to everybody, especially to neighboring community.

*Any tournaments, rated tournaments?
    ** We are just starting. If appropriate number of players would be interested in such events, the tournaments will be held.

Comment

Some milestones ( :D ) after two month of operation:
      Most of the people are casual players whose styles really varies. Some take their time and play one game per evening. Others manage to finish a lot of games. The age is mixed as well: from 10 to >70. The gender issue is worse but still we got three girls to drop in ;)
      To rise the playing level of our players, I've started consultation games, and I loudly explain possible moves and plans and their strength or weakness (to my best knowledge). However, the decision is done by my partners.
      Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Monday, 5th January, 2009, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but no meeting this Monday (January 26). See you in February :)

Comment

'Chess club at WCRC' activities suspended for summer. See you in autumn (fall)

Comment

Working...
          X