Boxing Day(Not chess related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Day(Not chess related)

I went out after lunch to see if anything was open for Boxing Day bargains. Not much luck though-just a few convenience stores were open. However by the Blaha Lujza subway station there was an outdoor hot food stand giving meals and food away for the less fortunate.

The line stretched two full blocks with hundreds of people of all ages, young and old, families with their kids. Rather a sad sight. This is the reality of many cities in europe now I suspect.

Merry Xmas and good wishes for a nice new year.

Michael Yip
    Budapest

Re: Boxing Day(Not chess related)

Originally posted by Michael Yip View Post
    The line stretched two full blocks with hundreds of people of all ages, young and old, families with their kids. Rather a sad sight. This is the reality of many cities in europe now I suspect.
    Canada has traditions too. The honest Ed's turkey giveway attracts thousands.

Comment

Re: Boxing Day(Not chess related)

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
      Canada has traditions too. The honest Ed's turkey giveway attracts thousands.
      The Good Shepherd christmas dinner and hamper program in Hamilton draws hundreds as well. Food banks in Canada have always been used by thousands of people right across Canada at any time of the year.

Comment

Working...
      X