Confidential for Kramnik...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential for Kramnik...

If you read this, it isn't against the rules for you to try 1. e4.

In case you haven't noticed, your opponent is well prepared for 1. d4 and you've only managed 2 draws from 4 games with white.

Pull a rabbit from your hat and win the match!
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Re: Confidential for Kramnik...

Kramnik needs 3 wins and a draw just to get to the tiebreaks. That's only a little less likely than 4 wins in a row.

The tiger from Madras has mauled the bear from the Black Sea. Who knew what would happen when these two carnivoires met in a match? That's why they play.
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Kramnik should have tried 1.Nf3 to steer openings into uncharted waters,his team of seconds let him down as Kramnik was beaten by novelties right in the opening.I dont think playing e4 would ahve helped Vlad either as Anand would have been prepared. It is clear now that Anand is the strongest player in the world and he deserves it

Comment

Originally posted by al fichaud View Post
        Kramnik should have tried 1.Nf3 to steer openings into uncharted waters,his team of seconds let him down as Kramnik was beaten by novelties right in the opening.I dont think playing e4 would ahve helped Vlad either as Anand would have been prepared. It is clear now that Anand is the strongest player in the world and he deserves it
        Kramnik used to play 1.Nf3 all the time, but if I remember correctly, it usually just transposed to main lines, and he just used it as a move order finesse to avoid certain lines. I do agree that Anand's opening preparation has definitely been more succesful, which is somewhat surprising since the average ELO of Kramnik's seconds seemed to be higher then Anand's, from what I recall. For example, Peter Leko is working with Kramnik.

That being said, there are persistent rumors that Anand was working with Carlsen, so who knows.

Comment

Working...
        X