A chess tournament with a difference!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A chess tournament with a difference!

From Aug 15-19, 2012, the Chess'n Math Association will be hosting our 27th Anniversary Superfest celebration in the Laurentians, at Hotel Le Chantecler ( www.lechantecler.com ), approximately 45 minutes north of Montreal.

After consulting with many people, this is what we have come up with:

This will be a 5-round event with 1 game per day to allow everyone to enjoy this incredible tourist location where we have negotiated an incredible hotel rate!

There will be lots of chess of course...but we will also be offering special activities:

Golf anyone?

Who is the best chess playing golfer around? There is a 9-hole par 3 golf course on-site...Tiger Woods look out :)

SWIM!

We have a private beach...who is our best chess-playing swimmer?

LOTS OF NAUTICAL SPORTS

...Competions for chess players in all domains!

VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT!

Yes...this will be awesome!

TENNIS ANYONE?

Yes the Charbonneau family know this game almost as well as they play chess...you better be up to the game! I spoke with GM Pascal Charbonneau earlier this week and he indicated that he will try to play in the chess tournament ...and if he does...then he wants the tennis title...at the very least :)

SQUASH?

Do not get squashed in the action but do play :)

HORSEBACK RIDING!

Yes, enjoy the local trails and...is there anything better than those trails through the forest?

HIKING IS YOUR SPEED?

Well...how about a hike...looking for chess clues? With prizes?

BICYCLE?

Yes you can bring your own or rent a mountain bike...and yes we have a contest there too!

We will be announcing all the details by Jan 15, 2012...plan to be with us!

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association

Re: A chess tournament with a difference!

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    From Aug 15-19, 2012, the Chess'n Math Association will be hosting our 27th Anniversary Superfest celebration in the Laurentians, at Hotel Le Chantecler ( www.lechantecler.com ), approximately 45 minutes north of Montreal.

After consulting with many people, this is what we have come up with:

This will be a 5-round event with 1 game per day to allow everyone to enjoy this incredible tourist location where we have negotiated an incredible hotel rate!

There will be lots of chess of course...but we will also be offering special activities:

Golf anyone?

Who is the best chess playing golfer around? There is a 9-hole par 3 golf course on-site...Tiger Woods look out :)

SWIM!

We have a private beach...who is our best chess-playing swimmer?

LOTS OF NAUTICAL SPORTS

...Competions for chess players in all domains!

VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT!

Yes...this will be awesome!

TENNIS ANYONE?

Yes the Charbonneau family know this game almost as well as they play chess...you better be up to the game! I spoke with GM Pascal Charbonneau earlier this week and he indicated that he will try to play in the chess tournament ...and if he does...then he wants the tennis title...at the very least :)

SQUASH?

Do not get squashed in the action but do play :)

HORSEBACK RIDING!

Yes, enjoy the local trails and...is there anything better than those trails through the forest?

HIKING IS YOUR SPEED?

Well...how about a hike...looking for chess clues? With prizes?

BICYCLE?

Yes you can bring your own or rent a mountain bike...and yes we have a contest there too!

We will be announcing all the details by Jan 15, 2012...plan to be with us!

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association
    Wow, everthing I love to do on vacation: chess, par-3 golf, volleyball, rent a bike, hiking and water -- only things missing are a live improv comic show, helicopter rides and a nude beach. And I assume that in the hotel we will get great food, hot showers, and the internet.

But can you guarentee that I'll get 5 overrated opponents who'll crumble to my cheapo attacks? Will it be FIDE-rated?

Comment

A chess tournament with a difference!

Dear Larry,

I hope you will add the tournament in my web.. :-)) it's free of course

where can I find the information?

regards

Joan Albert Dalmàs

Comment

oh, great all the activities I'm not good at and therefore is the reason I play chess :):)

Tiger Woods by the way does not have to worry as golf is not his main sporting interest

what no ice curling? also every folk tale I've read says be very, very careful down those forest paths

I'd definitely be there if I wasn't away then overseas

if you want to attract chesstalkers maybe you should add cometetive internet argumentation

Comment

We launched our publicity at the Mauricie tournament this weekend...response was awesome!

Honestly...the rooms will be FULL by July 16 based on the response we received....so he who hesitates will lose...BOOK NOW!

Comment

Working...
          X