The Safest Grunfeld-Delchev(2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Safest Grunfeld-Delchev(2011)

The is really a wonderful book. Readable for any level for solid yet aggressive play against 1.d4 The difference between this and the 2 volumes by Avrukh is that Delchev explains the ideas with small summaries and then adds illustrative games so you get the story from beginning to end. Theory sections are detailed without being overwhelming.

I think this is the book to start with for new Grunfelders(up to 2200-ish) and the Avrukh books are for reference or die-hard core addicts.

Grandmaster Battle Manual(Quality Chess 2011) also is excellent. I'm just starting to going through it. Ch5 on Beating Lower-Rated Opponents is quite interesting. The chapter starts of with a summary of methods for the openning, middlegame and ending. Always good to know what is being done to you or what you should be doing to others. It features games of Miroshnichenko,Epishin and Landa. Curiously no games from the author in this chapter.

Michael Yip

Re: The Safest Grunfeld-Delchev(2011)

I think that both the Delchev and Avrukh books are must haves for a Grunfeld player. I also like Jelena Dembo's book on the same subject though it is a bit long in the tooth having been published in 2007.

Comment

Working...
    X