Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's been a slice...

Originally posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
    I've been playing correspondence chess on http://schemingmind.com/ for quite some time as do many others. Don't think it will be dying any time soon :P
    Anything can survive as an online game for fun. I'm sure you can find old Atari games somewhere on the net. That's not what I meant. The label "correspondance chess" seems to be morphing into something else now, more commonly known as online chess. So if you change the nature of the game, sure, it may survive as a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      Had I known the announcement would be met with such emotion, I'd have done it a long time ago. I like a good laugh as much as the next person. :)
      If you get a good laugh doing this, one might wonder why you get so easily mean and vindictive. Maybe this isn't your intent, but it sure reads that way.
      Last edited by Duncan Smith; Thursday, 12th January, 2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
        Anything can survive as an online game for fun. I'm sure you can find old Atari games somewhere on the net. That's not what I meant. The label "correspondance chess" seems to be morphing into something else now, more commonly known as online chess. So if you change the nature of the game, sure, it may survive as a hobby.
        OTB is a hobby too for most players. Does that mean it equates to Atari :)

Comment

Originally posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
          I've been playing correspondence chess on http://schemingmind.com/ for quite some time as do many others. Don't think it will be dying any time soon :P
          Say "hello" to Austin for me. He told me he wrote Schemingmind in his spare time. Did a nice job.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

If you get a good laugh doing this, one might wonder why you get so easily mean and vindictive. Maybe this isn't your intent, but it sure reads that way.
            I dislike you, Duncan. Your claim to embrace chess, according to the image you have for it, while showing a distain for many players who don't fall into your image of the purity of the game, is distasteful.

Possibly if you changed your attitude you would have an easier time and feel more positive vibes.

That's the short reply.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
              I dislike you, Duncan....
              We'll I dislike ALL OF YOU!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Comment

I'm sure you can find old Atari games somewhere on the net.
                I'd like to announce my retirement from playing Atari games. My recent results haven't been to my satisfaction, as my 5 year old keeps beating me at Combat. I just wanted to mention this in case anyone wonders why I'm not playing Atari anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X